Job TitleVisiting Assistant Professor, Psychology
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Winter Park, FL
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Andrew Luchner
Visiting Assistant Professor, Psychology
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don’t just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The https://www.rollins.edu/psychology/ invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology position beginning August 2023. We are seeking an individual trained in psychology or a related specialty with a Ph.D. (ABD considered) to join our collaborative, engaged, and inclusive faculty. This faculty member will contribute 8 courses during the 2023-24 academic year: in general, most will be Psychology courses and courses in our statistics and research methods series with at least one course in Rollins general education, Rollins Conference, or Honors programs. The Rollins Psychology department’s laboratory facilities include the Hume House, which is a laboratory preschool, two human behavior suites, and a rat and mouse animal colony.
https://www.rollins.edu/about-rollins/diversity-inclusion/index.html We view differences (e.g., nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, perspectives) as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Founded in 1885, Rollins is an independent, comprehensive, liberal arts college. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and for its unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation’s most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Rollins enrolls approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Rollins ranks #1 or #2 annually among 128 Southern master’s-level universities in the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. For additional information, please visit the College website at http://www.rollins.edu/ and the Department of Psychology website at https://www.rollins.edu/psychology.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
• Ph.D. in psychology.
• Undergraduate teaching experience in at least a Teaching Assistant capacity with potential to excel in the classroom.
• Demonstrates an understanding that a liberal arts education includes a student-centered undergraduate experience.
• Shows potential to effectively educate and mentor a diverse student population. Articulates the ability to contribute to and sustain a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment at Rollins.
• All interactions with the members of the Rollins students, staff, and faculty should be respectful, responsive, and professional.
• Preference to candidates with prior experience teaching experimental methods and statistics.
Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants must apply online via the College’s employment website and upload the following materials as follows:
• Letter of interest, including a discussion of how you can contribute to a student-centered undergraduate learning community and foster an inclusive learning and working environment
• Curriculum vitae
• Evidence of teaching excellence including a statement of teaching philosophy and recent course evaluations
• Provide three reference names and email addresses on application – Letters of recommendation will be requested from candidates selected for the first round of interviews
*Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled**
Inquiries can be directed to:
Dr. Andrew Luchner
Chair, Department of Psychology
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. to learn more, please click https://www.rollins.edu/about-rollins/diversity-inclusion/index.html.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4114587
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Application Instructions: External Applicants: Please upload your resume on the Apply screen….View Job
Wenatchee Valley College
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Full Time Tenure-Track Nursing Faculty – LPN…View Job