Director of Community Engagement – Office of External AffairsQuinsigamond Community College
Job TitleDirector of Community Engagement – Office of External Affairs
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Worcester, MA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Director of Community Engagement -Office of External Affairs
Department: Office of External Affairs
Locations: Worcester, MA
Posted: Feb 24, 2023
Type: Full Time
Position ID: 159399
About Quinsigamond Community College:
Quinsigamond Community College (QCC), the largest community college in Central Massachusetts serving over 13,000 students in degree and certificate programs, adult education and workforce development. QCC offers over 70 associate degree and certificate career options in Business, Health Care, Technology, Liberal Arts, and Human Services. Additionally, over 137 credit and 300 noncredit courses are offered online, as well as a wide variety of classroom non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars. Classes are provided on the main campus, in downtown Worcester (Healthcare, Workforce Development, Continuing Education), at the Worcester Senior Center (Hospitality & Recreation Management), at Burncoat High School (Automotive Technology), and in the city of Southbridge.
QCC is committed to 100% student success as evidenced by its ambitious https://www.qcc.edu/office-institutional-research-and-planning. This commitment is furthered by a college-wide Equity Appraisal-currently underway-designed to assist the College to better serve students who have historically been underserved and underrepresented in higher education.
QCC is especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or services, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the college academic community.
The Director of Community Engagement is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, facilitating, coordinating, and executing a robust community engagement strategy forhttps://www.qcc.edu/ (QCC). The Director will focus on building relationships with nonprofit organizations, community based organizations, faith based organizations, associations, partners, public service agencies, K-12 schools, foundations, colleges, universities, and other stakeholders in Worcester County, Southbridge, and other QCC service areas. The Director will work closely with QCC’s internal community (administrative staff, faculty, and students) to assist in the overall coordination and facilitation of events and opportunities in support of https://www.qcc.edu/files/Registration/records/qcc_strategic_plan_2022-2027.pdf, mission and vision, specifically in matters related to community engagement.
The Director of Community Engagement is responsible for strengthening the College’s ties with the community while supporting practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion. Thus, the Director will work directly with other College departments in developing, coordinating, and executing strategies and activities leading to increase the enrollment of underserved and underrepresented students in all QCC programs: college readiness (English Language skills and high school completion), workforce training, and certificate and associate degrees.
The Director will also manage/oversee the https://www.qcc.edu/newsletter/2018/09/community-learning-hubs-hours-operation throughout the Worcester community
Reports to the Vice President for External Affairs
Supervises Part-Time and Full-time Employees, Temporary Employees, and/or College Work-Study Students as assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Cultivate relationships across diverse Worcester, Southbridge, and other QCC service area communities and serve as liaison with QCC program directors leading to increasing enrollment in all QCC program offerings such as college readiness, workforce training, career services and credit for prior learning, and certificate and associate degrees.
• Facilitate meetings between community organizations and the college to foster relationship building and collaboration.
• Bring to the Office of External Affairs sponsorship opportunities with targeted partnering organizations that provide services to populations similar to the students that QCC serves.
• Advice the Vice President of External Affairs on College’s opportunities to sponsor events and initiatives in the Worcester community.
• Support other External Affairs initiatives that involve community partners and stakeholders such as alumni, government and elected officials, donors, and QCC Foundation directors.
• Provide ongoing input, information, and materials (as requested) that support external communication efforts about programming and opportunities at QCC.
• Manage the QCC community learning hubs including supervision of personnel, developing the yearly calendar of activities, and making sure all requests for services made in the learning hubs are addressed by the College’s leadership.
• Serve as a liaison between QCC’s leadership and the Worcester, Southbridge, and other QCC service area communities to promote collaboration and initiatives leading to student success, for example, mentorship programs, early college programs, summer programs for K-12 students, civic engagement campaigns, new scholarships, and other student support services.
• Coordinate and facilitate the work of the Hispanics Achieving and Celebrating Excellence (HACE) steering committee.
• Coordinate and facilitate the work of the Martin Luther King Jr. Breakfast steering committee and the Martin Luther King Jr. Golf and Scholarships steering committee.
• Conceptualize, develop, and execute initiatives and events that bring the Worcester and College community closer and enhance the College’s presence in all QCC service areas.
• Represent the college in community, state, and national organizations including but not limited to Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA), Massachusetts Association of Community Colleges (MACC), and any others as assigned by the Vice President for External Affairs.
• Maintain a comprehensive and updated database of all community based organizations, faith based organizations, government service agencies, foundations, and other entities that provide services to the Worcester, Southbridge, and other QCC service area communities.
• Provide flexible, responsive and high quality customer service to all whom the College serves, be they students, community agencies, faculty, or staff.
• Actively support the teaching and learning process; work to create and support a student-centered environment.
• Work actively with all areas of the College to ensure a spirit of college-wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork.
• Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience of community engagement work or Associate’s degree and four (4) years of community engagement work (e.g., community based organizations, labor, governmental services entities, religious organizations, foundations).
• Knowledge and understanding of the Worcester community and QCC service areas.
• Ability to develop and conduct presentations.
• Project management experience.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work well independently and as a member of a highly integrated and diverse team.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, manage conflict, and lead working groups and committees.
• Ability to think and plan strategically.
• Strong analytical writing skills and oral communication skills.
• Ability to successfully navigate challenging conversations among diverse groups and build consensus.
• Working knowledge of community organizing or volunteer management.
• Experience advocating for students and underserved populations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people from diverse racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and gender backgrounds.
• Bilingual skills (Spanish or Vietnamese).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Quinsigamond Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Quinsigamond Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Diversity, inclusion, and equity are core values at Quinsigamond Community College. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive, respectful, and equitable environment for all students, staff, and faculty. Every member on our college campus enriches our diversity. We support inclusion and are dedicated to ensuring equity in access to opportunities.
Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates for employment should be aware that Quinsigamond Community College faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
QCC requires all students, faculty and staff to be compliant with our vaccination policy. For addition information on COVID19, please visit: http://https://www.qcc.edu/HealthySafeCampus
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request.
Anticipated salary range is $85,000 to $90,000 annually with complete fringe benefit package. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits. Actual salary will commensurate with education and experience.
Visit our Web Site at http://www.qcc.edu/human-resources for information about our positions.
All applicants must apply online by submitting:
• Cover Letter
• Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Quinsigamond Community College only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery. If you don’t have access to a computer, please visit Human Resources Office Monday- Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm.
Quinsigamond Community College understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office 508-854-2883 or email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3943098
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Shawnee State University
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shawnee.edu. JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT The Dean provides dynamic leadership and…View Job
Purdue Global Assistant Academic Department Chair, School of Nursing (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Purdue Global Assistant Academic Department Chair, School…View Job
Coordinator for Student Diversity Recruitment & Retention
To apply for this job please visit www.salisbury.edu. Coordinator for Student Diversity Recruitment & Retention…View Job
Dean, Gail Miller School of Business
Salt Lake Community College
To apply for this job please visit jobs.slcc.edu. The Dean is responsible for leading and…View Job