Job TitlePurdue Global Assistant Academic Department Chair, School of Nursing (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location West Lafayette, IN US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
Purdue Global Assistant Academic Department Chair, School of Nursing (Council Bluffs, Iowa)
The Assistant Academic Department Chair role will provide support to Purdue University Global. Building on Purdue University’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, high-quality education, Purdue University Global is a public, nonprofit institution offering a world-class education online.
The Assistant Academic Department Chair will work with the Department Chair to supervise full and part-time faculty in professional studies courses, and ensure their involvement in providing course feedback and participation in professional development and in-service activities. Additionally, the Assistant Chair will work with the Department Chair in curriculum review and updates.
In collaboration with the Associate Dean and the Academic Chair, the Assistant Chair serves as the liaison to the state board of nursing, is accountable for scheduling of clinical faculty and forecasting and performs just-in-time service recovery with students, faculty and key clinical partners when concerns arise. This individual also maintains oversight with NCLEX success, implementing the program’s NCLEX strategy.
The Assistant Academic Chair will support the Council Bluffs, Iowa region.
What to expect in this role:
• Serve as the liaison to the state board of nursing (BON) and attend all BON meetings.
• Develop and maintain key clinical partnerships and partner with the Business Development Management (BDM) team as needed.
• Manage all student contracts and compliance, develop and execute the clinical faculty training program and lead the onboarding process with all clinical sites.
• Create and automate clinical evaluation process for students, clinical faculty and clinical sites and execute a standardized NCLEX Strategy for student success
• Make recommendations as appropriate related to hiring, evaluation, and retention of faculty in assigned courses. Metrics include percentage of faculty with terminal degrees, student end of term survey results and GPA distribution in sections and courses.
• Contribute to the overall success of the University as a whole. Assessment will include positive working relationships with peers and external departments.
• Participate in student retention activities and provide a beginning point of contact for clinical escalation issues.
• Perform other administrative and job-related duties as assigned.
• Masters Degree in Nursing.
• 3 or more years of experience in post-secondary education (experience with online instruction is a plus).
• Certification as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) to be obtained within 12 months of hire.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications and Google.
• Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills, and ability to work independently in a virtual environment with minimal supervision.
• Doctoral degree preferred from a regionally accredited institution and certification in their area of specialization.
• The target salary for this position is $80,000-$85,000.
• Learn more about our benefits:https://www.purdue.edu/hr/global/benefits_enrollment/pgbenefits.php
• Purdue University Global will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
• A background check will be required for employment in this position.
• FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
• Purdue Global is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We celebrate the diversity of thought, backgrounds, and skills necessary to support an inclusive environment. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3973484
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant Director of the Strategic Learning Center…View Job
Ferris State University
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ferris.edu. Manager of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving…View Job