Job TitleAcademic Adviser 3
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location University Park, PA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Arroyo Gray
Academic Adviser 3
The https://hhd.psu.edu/bbh (BBH) in the https://hhd.psu.edu/ at Penn State, is seeking an Academic Adviser. The successful candidate will work closely with students, faculty, and staff to build on the legacy of BBH’s student-centered culture.
What You’ll Do:
• Provide academic advising to students enrolled in and exploring the major
• Meet with prospective students and their families
• Interpret university policies, procedures, and curriculum for students and faculty
• Guide students in course selection, scheduling, and long-range academic and career planning
• Assist in resolving academic problems; monitoring academic progress and making professional referrals
• Assist in data management and the preparation of reports, surveys, and other documentation
• Ensure that information on the department’s website is accurate and current
• Maintain the confidentiality of student records
• Represent the department and college in university-sponsored recruitment and retention initiatives including New Student Orientation (NSO), Accepted Student Programs (ASPs), Spend a Summer Day (SASDs), and Majors Night.
Skills You Have:
• Desire to build community within the department
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff
• Motivation to work for the overall well-being of the student
• Commitment to ethics and diversity
• Willingness to serve in a broad variety of roles
• Outstanding interpersonal verbal and written communications
• Dedication to the mission of the department
• Effective analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Thorough understanding of student confidentiality
• Sound judgment and professionalism
Typically requires a Master’s Degree or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Familiarity with Starfish, PeopleSoft, Word, Excel, and Canvas is desirable. An understanding of the diverse opportunities available within fields related to Biobehavioral Health, particularly in the areas of public health, health promotion, and clinical training programs (i.e. nursing, medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc.), is preferred.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references. Application materials should demonstrate the utilization of inclusive approaches to advising. Applications from individuals from historically excluded and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Biobehavioral Health Building, University Park, PA
Hybrid work opportunities combining remote and onsite work may be considered. Limited evening and weekend hours will be required for university-related events.
Penn State offers competitive benefits to full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans, in addition to generous vacation time (24 days per year; accrued on a monthly basis), sick time (12 days per year; accrued on a monthly basis) and paid holidays (12 per calendar year). Please visit https://hr.psu.edu/benefits for more detailed information.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. In HHD, enriching the lives of others is our mission. We believe in the power of human capacity for growth and live that mission by meeting challenges, both big and small, with excitement and energy every day. The Department of Biobehavioral Health models inclusivity by incorporating diversity and inclusion throughout the curriculum, researching undergraduate student belonging and creating programming to engage students, and training faculty and staff to be effective allies. We invite you to come grow with us.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/4618974
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Administrative Assistant for Campus Safety (Onsite) The…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Processing Project Archivist (12-Month Assignment) The Claremont…View Job