Job TitleAssistant Professor of Computational Biology
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range $ 100,000 - 150,000
Location New York City
Application Deadline November 10, 2023
Contact Name Remi Moss
Department Center for Data Science
Phone US +1 (212) 998-3099
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.
Apply at: https://apply.interfolio.com/133938
New York University’s Department of Biology invites applicants for two tenure track positions ideally beginning on September 1st, 2024, pending budgetary and administrative approval.
We are particularly interested in the broad area of Computational Biology, including, but not limited to, AI and ML applications to biology, computation-enhanced imaging, modeling of biological networks, genomic sciences, quantitative ecology and epidemiology. The new hires will be a part of a university-wide initiative in Interdisciplinary and Computational Sciences. The positions will be joint between the Department of Biology and Department of Computer Science in the Courant Institute for Mathematical Sciences, or the Department of Biology and Center for Data Science. The new hires will participate in the research and teaching mission of both the Department of Biology, and of the Department of Computer Science or the Center for Data Science.
This search is for the tenure-track, Assistant Professor, position. Candidates are expected to develop and maintain an externally funded research program. The Departments of Biology (http://biology.as.nyu.edu), Computer Science (https://cs.nyu.edu), and Center for Data Science (https://cds.nyu.edu) offers a collaborative, interactive, interdisciplinary and innovative research environment that supports ambitious research projects across many areas.
Application packages should include a cover letter, separate research, teaching and diversity statements, a curriculum vitae and three reference letters. Full details of the required documents and how to apply online are at http://apply.interfolio.com/133938. Please send your completed application by November 10th 2023.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $100,000 – $150,000. New York University considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
The Faculty of Arts and Science at NYU is at the heart of a leading global research university. We seek scholars of the highest caliber that embody the diversity of the United States as well as the global society in which we live. We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis. NYU affirms the value of differing perspectives on the world as we strive to build the strongest possible university with the widest reach. To learn more about the FAS commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion, please read here: https://as.nyu.edu/departments/facultydiversity.html
New York University
NYU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
EOE / AA / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Required application materials:
1. A one page cover letter that briefly describes your past and future research areas, and how your planned research program fits with and/or expands current research in the Department.
2. Your CV.
3. A research statement of up to 3 pages. The first page should summarize your most significant scientific accomplishments as a PhD student and a postdoc. The remainder should explain your future plan and vision for an independent research program. References may be added on a fourth page.
4. A one page teaching statement describing your teaching experience and teaching philosophy.
5. A one page diversity and inclusion statement that describes your past activities, experiences and future plans to advance diversity and inclusion. NYU is committed to building and strengthening a university-wide culture of diversity, inclusion, and equity. Please see: https://as.nyu.edu/departments/facultydiversity/recruitment/diversity-statements.html
6. The names and email addresses for 3 reference letters. The letter-writers will be contacted automatically by Interfolio, but it is often a good idea to remind them.
University of Vermont
To apply for this job please visit www.uvmjobs.com. The University of Vermont (UVM) is seeking…View Job
Assistant Professor – Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering
California Polytechnic State University
To apply for this job please visit jobs.calpoly.edu. The newly established Computer Engineering Department in…View Job
Assistant Teaching Professor (Tenure Track) in Environmental Communication at the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management
University of California Santa Barbara
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant Teaching Professor (Tenure Track) in Environmental…View Job