Job TitleDigital Accessibility Analyst, Intermediate (Remote)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Flagstaff, AZ
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Digital Accessibility Analyst, Intermediate (Remote)
Location: Disability Resources
Job ID: 607390
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation’s preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
• This position is a remote position which allows the incumbent to complete their work at a location other than an NAU site, campus, or facility with or without accommodation. The incumbent may occasionally work in a shared site, but primarily will work elsewhere.
• Position is open to working within or outside the state of Arizona.
Supports digital accessibility efforts across the University. Works directly with campus partners to help identify, remediate, and educate on digital accessibility challenges and opportunities. Conducts testing, audits, and reports ensuring that university web-based information properties are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Accessibility Auditing – 80%
• Conducts non-routine accessibility audits for web-based information properties, software, and mobile applications to ensure compliance with accessibility requirements and consults on the effective technical implementation of digital accessibility requirements in university systems.
• Establishes equally effective alternative access for known accessibility issues.
Process Development and Monitoring – 15%
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of accessibility guidelines, processes, checklists, how-to documents, and web-based resources.
• Works with an enterprise compliance monitoring tool to track and report on accessibility issues.
Other – 5%
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 2-4 years of relevant experience.
• Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Relevant industry certification (International Association of Accessibility Professionals – IAAP, Web Accessibility Specialist – WAS).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Intermediate knowledge of processes and practices for auditing websites, software, and web applications for accessibility, including code reviews and manual and automated techniques to ensure compliance.
• Intermediate knowledge of screen readers and other assistive technology products.
• Intermediate knowledge of ADA and other applicable accessibility laws, rules, and regulations.
• Intermediate knowledge of accessibility and usability best practices and principles.
• Intermediate knowledge of programming languages.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees’ right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/.. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/. is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $62,996. Annual salary commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU’s BCBS Plan). New employees arehttps://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/ on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee’s start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/ includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
September 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply” button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the “Submit” button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus – on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, http://DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4478291
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.