Assistant Professor of CommunicationsMitchell College
Job TitleAssistant Professor of Communications
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range $ 65,000-80,000
Location New London, CT US
Application Deadline March 15, 2023
Contact Name Scott Barnes
Mitchell College is building on its long history of making education more accessible by pioneering an approach that is flexible, strength-based, and interest-driven. Our abilities-based approach to learning focuses on teaching adaptability through curriculum that provides multiple opportunities for students to apply learning in different classroom, social, and professional contexts. To keep this model innovative, vibrant, and responsive to students’ needs and interests, we hire staff and faculty who are invested in collaboration and community-building. Our approach to campus life ensures that students learn what they need to live life well, both professionally and personally.
As the result of a long-serving faculty member’s retirement, Mitchell College seeks to hire an Assistant Professor of Communications. The successful candidate will be expected to teach introductory and upper-level courses and participate in program development and assessment. While we intend to hire a generalist, expertise in offering coursework in strategic communication/public relations is desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is interested in and capable of growing an established program through curricular innovation, student recruitment and retention, and interdisciplinary collaboration and who shares our passion for teaching-focused higher education and student success.
· Teach twenty-four semester hours, typically four 3-credit courses per semester
· Perform all duties related to course management and delivery
· Foster student success by communicating with students and other members of our student support network
· Offer expertise in program and curriculum development, revision (as needed), and student recruitment
· Engage in professional development that sustains and enriches teaching
· Assist with program and college-wide assessment activities
· Participate in college meetings, committee work, and collaborations that pertain to information, policies, and recommendations that affect the academic tenor and quality, direction, and mission of the College
Required Education and Experience:
· An earned doctorate (ABD candidates near completion will be considered)
· Strong undergraduate teaching experience, including with students who have diverse learning styles and abilities
· Evidence of service, including department and/or college-wide service
· Experience in academic program development and assessment
· Experience overseeing students in internship or field placement courses
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For full consideration, please apply at http://mitchell.edu/careers/. A cover letter and CV is required.
Application deadline is March 15, 2023.
Mitchell College is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization or other non-merit factors.
Lecturer, Honors College
University of Nevada, Reno
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Lecturer, Honors College R0135333 University…View Job
VISITING PROFESSOR POSITION(S) IN CHEMISTRY
The W.M. Keck Science Department - Pitzer and Scripps Colleges
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. VISITING PROFESSOR POSITION(S) IN CHEMISTRY SCRIPPS AND…View Job
Department Chair, Chemical Engineering
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com. Howard University Department Chair, Chemical Engineering Academic…View Job
Communication Instructor – Tenure Track
SUNY Orange County Community College
To apply for this job please visit occc.interviewexchange.com. Communication Instructor – Tenure Track About SUNY…View Job