Job TitleAdvanced Asst. Professor or Associate Professor of Communication
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location New London, CT
Application Deadline February 15, 2024
Contact Name Christina Kydd
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.
Mitchell College is building on its long history of making education more accessible by pioneering an approach that is flexible, strength-based, and interest-driven. Our abilities-based approach to learning focuses on teaching adaptability through curriculum that provides multiple opportunities for students to apply learning in different classroom, social, and professional contexts. To keep this model innovative, vibrant, and responsive to students’ needs and interests, we hire staff and faculty who are invested in collaboration and community-building. Our approach to campus life ensures that students learn what they need to live life well, both professionally and personally. Mitchell College offers an exciting opportunity for a faculty member who would like to be involved in a collaborative, forward-looking program-rebuilding initiative. We seek to hire an Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor of Communication. The successful candidate will lead efforts to update the major and will be expected to teach introductory and upper-level courses. While we intend to hire a generalist, expertise in offering coursework in strategic communication/public relations is desirable.
Communication is one of Mitchell’s largest majors. We are looking for a colleague who has deep, current knowledge of and is passionate about the field, and who has interest in and ability to rejuvenate the established program through curricular innovation, student recruitment and retention, and interdisciplinary collaboration. Additionally, our new colleague will share our passion for teaching-focused higher education and student success.
• Teach twenty-four semester hours, typically four 3-credit courses per semester
• Perform all duties related to course management and delivery
• Foster student success by communicating with students and other members of our student support network
• Offer expertise in program and curriculum development, revision (as needed), and student recruitment
• Engage in professional development that sustains and enriches teaching
• Assist with program and college-wide assessment activities
• Participate in college meetings, committee work, and collaborations that pertain to information, policies, and recommendations that affect the academic tenor and quality, direction, and mission of the College
Required Education and Experience:
• An earned doctorate in the field
• Strong undergraduate teaching experience, including with students who have diverse learning styles and abilities
• Experience in academic program development and assessment
• Evidence of service, including department and/or college-wide service
• Experience overseeing students in internship or field placement courses
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For full consideration, please apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=16d381d9-b9ed-4c60-a64f-c1551dff5f22&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&jobId=474124; A cover letter and CV is required.
Application deadline is February 15, 2024.