Job TitleAssistant or Associate Professor
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Houghton, MI US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources Office
To apply for this job please visit http://www.employment.mtu.edu.
Michigan Technological University, Department of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics invites applications for the position of Professor at all ranks, multiple hires are expected. Applicants for the position are required to have earned doctorates in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field. All research areas are of interest, including space technology, aerospace technology, NVH, acoustics/noise control, composites, electric vehicles, and more.
Michigan Tech attracts world-class faculty and staff who enrich the educational experience of smart, motivated, and adventurous students. Applicants who are committed to promoting a sense of belonging and contributing to an equitable and inclusive learning environment for all are strongly encouraged to apply (https://www.mtu.edu/diversity-inclusion/).
Successful candidates will be expected to develop externally funded research programs in their areas of interest while fostering collaboration with other faculty, engage in both undergraduate and graduate teaching at a high level and contribute to professional service.
Employees are expected to apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work and to commit to learning about continuous improvement strategies and applying them to everyday work.
- Earned doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Applicants must have experience in Engineering or science research resulting in scholarly publications and must demonstrate familiarity with financial/funding resources and opportunities utilized by U.S. Academic Institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff.
- Experience teaching in an institution of higher education.
- Will have demonstrated the skills required to design a course/class at the university level.
- Will have leadership experience advising a team of research staff.
- Will have experience with research additive proposal writing.
- Knowledge of university curriculum development, skills in technical communication, and proposal writing.
All applications MUST be submitted through the official Michigan Tech portal to be considered. Applications submitted through third-party websites will not be reviewed.
Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer that provides equal opportunity for all, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
University of Maine (ECE)
To apply for this job please visit umaine.hiretouch.com. Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering…View Job
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job