Job TitleClinical Coordinator for Operations (CCO) , Division of Physician Assistant Studies
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Charleston, SC US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Patrick McNeal, DMSc, PA-C
Department Division of Physician Assistant Studies
To apply for this job please visit musc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
The responsibilities of the Clinical Coordinator for Operations (CCO) of the Division of Physician Assistant Studies (PAS) include providing leadership in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the PAS clinical education program. The Clinical Coordinator for Operations works with the PAS Program Director, Medical Director, Academic Coordinator, Coordinator for Clinical Education and Simulation (CCES), and Clinical Coordinator for Recruitment (CCR) to ensure a fulfilling clinical education experience.
The responsibilities of the faculty for the Division of Physician Assistant Studies (PAS) will be assigned by the PAS Program Director with input from the Chair of the Department of Clinical Sciences and the Dean of the College of Health Professions. The overarching goal of the faculty member is to support the Program by providing experienced, knowledgeable guidance for the planning, implementation, and development of the Program’s instructional curriculum. The faculty will provide regular, competent instructional guidance to the Program, faculty, and students, working to ensure that all ARC-PA standards are fully met while providing the best educational opportunities available. The faculty will consult regularly with the Program Director, Clinical Education Team and other faculty to support the Program.
The CCO reports to the PAS Program Director. Performance evaluations will be conducted by the Program Director with input from the Chair and Dean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the CCO
1. Provide operational oversight for the day-to-day operation of the clinical phase of the PAS curriculum.
a. Support the CCR in preceptor recruitment and retention efforts
b. Ensure acquisition of affiliation agreement for new and renewed clinical sites
c. Assure clinical education sites provide the physical, interprofessional, and educational experiences necessary to meet Program clinical educational goals as defined by the ARC-PA
d. Review and evaluate student evaluations of preceptor(s)
e. Maintain preceptor tracking and remediation excel spread sheets
f. In accordance with the preceptor remediation policy, conduct preceptor remediation when appropriate
g. Report preceptor remediation to the Program Director and faculty
h. Conduct student clinical site visits according to the initial and ongoing clinical site visit policy
i. Provide and educate new preceptors about the clinical year syllabi (which includes rotation-specific clinical rotation learning objectives), Clinical Year Preceptor Handbook, methods of student evaluation, as well as fundamentals of precepting PA students
j. In conjunction with CCR, individual students, AHEC representatives, and the Department of Health Professions Clinical Education Support Team, make timely clinical education assignments to PAS students throughout the clinical phase of education
k. In conjunction with the CCES and CCR, update the Clinical Year Student and Preceptor Handbook and clinical rotation learning objectives for clarity and appropriateness to the PAS vision, mission, values, and learning goals
l. In conjunction with the CCES, provide appropriate clinical education orientation to students
m. Support the CCR and provide input with respect to clinical year adjunct and associate faculty members, including those involved with recruitment or site visits
n. Manage and evaluate individual course assessment
o. Serves as instructor in the PAS program in areas of clinical and/or professional expertise
p. Attend Division, College, and University wide College of Health Professions meetings
q. Participate in White Coat, Graduation ceremonies and other program sponsored activities
r. Perform other duties deemed necessary by the Division Director, Chair, or Dean of the College of Health Professions
s. Participates in the reviewing and revising as necessary the mission statement for the program
2. Work in conjunction with the CCR regarding recruitment oversight for the clinical phase of the PAS curriculum
3. Serve as a member of the Clinical Curriculum Committee
In accordance with ARC-PA Standard, A2.05 Principal Faculty and the Program Director will be responsible for and actively participate in the process of:
1. Developing, reviewing, and revising as necessary the mission statement, goals, and competencies of the program
2. Selecting applicants for admission to the PAS program
3. Providing student instruction
4. Evaluating student performance
5. Academic counseling of students
6. Assuring the availability of remedial instruction, designing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the curriculum, and evaluating the program
Master’s or doctoral degree in a related discipline, a PA degree is not required;
· 2 years clinical practice experience or professional experience;
· Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills;
· Certification in area of professional expertise;
· Eligible for licensure in the state of South Carolina, if applicable;
· Strong commitment to achieve the missions of the PAS Division, the College of Health Professions, and the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC).
· Doctoral degree appropriate to research, clinical, or educational experience
· Physician or NCCPA-certified physician assistant
· Higher education teaching experience in related field
· Experience in inter-professional practice or education
· Leadership in professional organizations
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit, and business need.
University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
To apply for this job please visit uic.csod.com. Bridge to Faculty Postdoctoral Research Associate in…View Job
University of Massachusetts Amherst
To apply for this job please visit careers.massachusetts.edu. The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences…View Job