Job TitleAssociate Vice President of Academic Student Success
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Staunton, VA US
Deadline June 16, 2022
Contact Name Provost@marybaldwin.edu
To apply for this job please visit marybaldwin.edu.
The Associate Vice President of Academic Student Success is primarily responsible for Mary Baldwin residential student success and retention initiatives. The new AVP of academic success will be responsible for providing a data driven approach and leadership to residential student success efforts and initiatives, academic advising, learning supports/resources, and existing and new retention strategies, with a specific focus on our residential graduate and undergraduate student body.
A successful candidate makes data-informed decisions to eliminate equity gaps and works collaboratively with partners across the university to foster a climate focused on student academic success. This is a senior academic leadership position that leads the Center for Student Success and manages Director of Academic Resource Center. The AVP will teach 6-9 credits of residential undergraduate courses per academic year specifically designed to support student transition, success and retention initiatives.
In collaboration with faculty, staff, and leadership across the university, the AVPAA is specifically responsible for:
Student Success Initiatives
● In collaboration with Admissions and Student Engagement, ensures transparent processes for student onboarding and orientation for residential undergraduate students
● Oversee the University Student Academic Progress process as a collaborative effort between financial aid, the Registrar’s Office and Student Success
● Anticipates and plans for emerging issues related to student success and retention using internal and external data
● Implements strategies to improve retention and meet agreed-upon retention goals.
● Teaches courses specifically designed to support students who are on academic probation, suspension or need academic support.
● Optimizes various technologies to generate targeted, segmented communications across all facets of the academic pipeline in collaboration with the Registrar and Financial Aid
● Oversees technology related to student success, including implementation and on-going development of student success tools
● Ensures the quality of and support academic/faculty based advising within the academic program
● Provides development opportunities for faculty advisors in using data driven, appreciative and inclusive advising strategies
● Leads summer advising and registration efforts for incoming residential, commuter and transfer students.
● Leads academic advising and registration efforts in collaboration university partners
● Collaborates with Deans to provide evaluative feedback on faculty advisors as part of the annual evaluation process.
● Oversee the SAP process in collaboration with university partners
● Working closely with the AVP of Student Engagement and affiliated units to coordinate holistic student learning and support.
● Mentoring and providing professional development for Deans, advisors, faculty, and staff.
● Coordinating and supporting academic advising processes and programs.
● Supporting the transition of students from admissions to full matriculation
● Partnering with the Academic Leadership Council and with Student Engagement on student success initiatives
● Serving as a liaison with other institutions on issues of student success, retention, and graduation.
● Knowledge of best practices in student success, retention and completion for students on a residential campus
● Experience gathering data, analyzing trends and writing reports to make decisions about effectiveness of programs and development of new initiatives.
● Experience with student success initiatives including the first-year experience
● Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications i.e. Word, Excel, Google Tools, etc.
● Supervisory experience.
● Ph.D in in related field and 5 years of administrative experiences
● Have track record of improving residential student success outcomes as measured through retention rates and 4-year graduation rates
● The successful candidate will possess evidence of management and supervisory experience and the ability to analyze multi-layered problems and propose solutions.
● Ideal candidates will have experience with student information systems/databases, preferably with Jenzabar Software and Dropout Detective.
To apply for this position, submit your CV, statement of interest, and statement of one’s commitment to inclusive excellence to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered. This is not a remote position and is based out of Mary Baldwin University’s Staunton campus. This position is a full-time, benefits eligible, salaried staff position.
Mary Baldwin University does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender (*see exceptions for admission to programs within the College for Women), nor does the University discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, age, disability, religion, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression in its educational programs, admissions, co-curricular or other activities, or employment practices. Inquiries may be directed to Director of Human Resources, SAC 312, 540-887-7367, Mary Baldwin University, Staunton, Virginia 24401.
*Exceptions within the College for Women: Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership, Program for the Exceptionally Gifted. (November 2017)
To apply for this job please visit brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com. The Opportunity Brandeis University – a distinguished…View Job
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com. Hartwick College Director of the Griffiths Center…View Job