Job TitleLecturer Faculty – Psychology – REMOTE
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range $ 67,665 - $84,581 - Paygrade 12
Location San Dimas, CA, USA
Application Deadline November 12, 2022
Contact Name LAPU HR
Department HR Department
Phone US +1 (626) 701-2767
Under the management of the Assistant Dean (AD), the Lecturer position’s primary purpose is to teach institutional curriculum and engage/pastor students in the successful pursuit of their studies. This full-time, primarily teaching position reports to the Assistant Dean. This position is a home office position with occasional video conferencing as deemed necessary by the Assistant Dean. Responsibilities include teaching of academic programs, student engagement and assessment, knowledge contribution to curriculum development, student record management, and active participation in service and committees supporting the university and specifically academic excellence.
The Lecturer is responsible for carrying out LAPU’s Christian faith and mission by hiring Godly employees who embody the Christian faith in their daily living and by providing spiritual support and care to employees in their span of care through praying with employees regarding their dreams and challenges, sharing devotional messages and providing their team members with spiritual counseling. The Lecturer is assessed annually on their performance in accomplishing these vital tasks.
All employees play a critical role in the establishment and maintenance of a robust Christian community that seeks to serve with grace the needs of all employees and students. As a LAPU employee you are called to engage with your colleagues and all those that the university serves by modeling Christ-like character in all of your interactions. You will celebrate and honor other employees and students as being made in the image of God; be thankful, expressing gratitude to God and one another; build others up with your words; and work as an instrument of God’s love seeking to heal a lost and broken world.
Remote: Home Office: *Employee’s home office must be located in a state LAPU is registered in. (AZ, AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, NM, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, TN, VA, WA)
Compensation: $67,665 – $84,581 – Paygrade 12
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of LAPU
- A graduate degree in a Psychology program focus from a U.S. regionally accredited university (Candidates who are in the final year of a doctoral program will be considered)
- Teaching experience in a higher education institution
- Ability to create and build strong collaborative relations with constituencies within and outside of LAPU Academic Affairs
- Capable of functioning expeditiously within a demanding, fast-paced environment
Desired Experience / Education
- Previous experience teaching online courses in a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- An earned doctorate or appropriate terminal degree in the discipline being taught
Experience with an academic program relevant to LAPU (Psychology)
- Proven record of ability to conduct high quality research which is reflected in the authorship of high quality publications, or other research outputs.
- Word processing software—Microsoft Word
- E-mail software–Microsoft Outlook; Google Mail
- Presentation software—Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software—Microsoft Excel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including the ability to organize, motivate, and work effectively with a diverse lecturer, staff, and student body.
- Strong command of the English language with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Teaching and other forms of public presentation.
- Proven record of ability to supervise academic work by undergraduates, and graduate students.
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, with an ability to plan and manage multiple projects concurrently in a timely manner.
- Ability to be proactive, to take ownership of assigned tasks, work with little supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and appropriate software applications (see above).
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to investigate, analyze information, and draw conclusions
- Ability to engage in critical thinking, exercise independent judgment, set priorities, and solve problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information
Physical Demands: This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Los Angeles Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Los Angeles Pacific University reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Los Angeles Pacific University has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Los Angeles Pacific University reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
University Of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
To apply for this job please visit jobs.untsystem.edu. values-driven organization with a deep commitment to…View Job
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The School of Education at Gordon College…View Job
University of California Davis
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant Professor of Cooperative Extension – Soil…View Job