Faculty Diversity Internship Program- Vocational NursingLong Beach Community College District
Job TitleFaculty Diversity Internship Program- Vocational Nursing
Position TypePart Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Long Beach, CA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Faculty Diversity Internship Program- Vocational Nursing
Salary: $500.00 Annually
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: A23-00-VN
Closing: 6/2/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Both Liberal Arts Campus & Pacific Coast Campus, CA
Department: Human Resources
LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE invites applications for the position of:Faculty Diversity Internship Program, VOCATIONAL NURSINGLONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE
The Long Beach Community College District is looking to train and develop graduate students and industry professionals interested in teaching at the community college level. Interns team up with full-time, discipline-specific faculty members to cultivate the necessary skills to teach at the community college level.The https://www.lbcc.edu/pod/faculty-diversity-internship-program is intended to develop a pool of potential candidates, which reflects the diversity of community college student demographics, for possible future adjunct or contract teaching positions. This year-long program is a structured training and mentoring program that promotes the systematic development of new faculty by pairing them with an experienced, tenured faculty mentor. This opportunity provides graduate students and industry professionals the ability to work side by side with an expert instructor in a given department, for one semester following a previous semester of training provided by a faculty facilitator. LBCC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to hiring qualified applicants who are dedicated to student equity, student learning, and student success. Program highlights include:
• Student engagement techniques and classroom management skills
• Observational and guided instructional experience
• Professional development events & workshops
• Course and lesson planning
• Equity-minded and inclusive practices College networking and relationship building
• Opportunities to shape and connect with the LBCC students
The program may be a blend of remote, hybrid, or in-person, depending on evolving District guidance.LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE SUMMARY
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities. Long Beach City College currently has the privilege of serving approximately 34,549 students, the majority of whom are students of color. Long Beach City College is a Hispanic serving institution, and of our student population 50% are Hispanic/Latinx, 19% are White, 12% are African American, 10% are Asian & Filipino. An ideal candidate will demonstrate cultural competency in serving the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial, and cultural backgrounds of community college student populations, including students with differing abilities (physical and/or learning). For more information on our College demographics please click here:https://www.lbcc.edu/pod/lbcc-college-facts.COLLEGE MISSION
Long Beach City College is committed to providing equitable student learning and achievement, academic excellence, and workforce development by delivering high quality educational programs and support services to our diverse communities.We are Purposeful, Focused, Nurturing, Connected and Respectful.https://www.lbcc.edu/sites/main/files/file-attachments/eeo_plan__2019-2022_.pdf#%3A~%3Atext%3DThe%20Long%20Beach%20Community%20College%2Cthat%20is%20welcoming%20to%20allhttps://www.lbcc.edu/sites/main/files/file-attachments/lbcc-strategic-plan.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/https://www.lbcc.edu/office-presidentAthttps://youtu.be/6NI6N0w-40k, we celebrate equity, diversity and ensure a positive and inclusive working environment for all college students, faculty, staff, and administrators. We believe diversity fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for our students. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to hiring qualified applicants who are dedicated to student learning and success.
• Engage in and understand the terms of the formal mentoring agreement.
• Meet with your mentor at regularly scheduled times.
• Attend all regularly scheduled classes.
• Call upon your mentor as needed while respecting his/her time.
• Carry out specific assignments made by your mentor, seek clarification as necessary.
• Assist your mentor as requested.
• Assist students as directed by your mentor.
• Share your ideas with your mentor.
• Receive and deliver helpful criticism as appropriate.
• Articulate your wants and needs so that your mentor may help you succeed as intern and teacher.
• Prepare appropriate classroom learning experiences for students.
• Develop sample syllabi and course outlines.
• Seek outside assistance from the program director or department chair as needed.
• Participate in the evaluation of the internship program.
• Participate in activities, workshops and orientations developed for interns.
• Other related duties.
FACULTY INTERN MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS(a)For those disciplines in which a master’s degree is required, faculty interns shall be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program at the University of California, the California State University, or any other accredited institution of higher education subject to Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 94300) of Part 59 of the Education Code, and shall have completed at least one-half of the coursework, or the equivalent, in that graduate program.
(b)For those disciplines for which a master’s degree is not expected or required, the faculty intern shall possess any license or certificate required to do that work and (1) be within one year of completing the associate degree and have six years industry experience in the discipline, OR(2) have completed the associate degree and have completed five years of industry experience in that discipline.
(c) Faculty interns shall only be assigned to teach or to serve in a discipline in which they would be legally qualified to teach or render service upon completion of their graduate studies or associate degree and six years of industry experience in that discipline. A faculty intern shall be limited to two years of participation in the program.
(d) Each faculty intern shall serve under the direct supervision of a mentor who is legally qualified to teach the course or render the service that the faculty intern is providing.
Evidence of demonstrated cultural competency, personal and professional life experience, and enthusiasm in serving the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, racial, and cultural backgrounds of community college student populations, including students with differing abilities (physical and/or learning), as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS- VOCATIONAL NURSING
For those disciplines for which a master’s degree is not expected or required, the faculty intern shall possess any license or certificate required to do that work and (1) be within one year of completing the associate degree and have six years industry experience in the discipline, OR(2) have completed the associate degree and have completed five years of industry experience in that discipline.Meaning, to be considered for this internship, a qualifying candidate must be enrolled and halfway through:
• any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, OR
• any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with digital learning platforms and learning management systems
• Nursing experience
• Ability to work as a collaborative team player
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
• A Long Beach Community College District application.
• A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
• ALL graduate and undergraduate transcripts, showing school name, all college coursework, degree title and conferral date. This includes transcripts for any and all for the following degrees, BA/BS, MA/MS and above (Ed.D, Ph,D, etc.) and courses used for transfer credit. Transcripts can be unofficial and must be submitted as an attachment.
• Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service (http://www.naces.org/members.htmlhttp://www.naces.org/members.html.
• Applicants who do not meet the Statewide https://www.cccco.edu/-/media/CCCCO-Website/About-Us/Divisions/Educational-Services-and-Support/Academic-Affairs/What-we-do/Curriculum-and-Instruction-Unit/Minimum-Qualifications/updated_cccco_2020_report_min_qualifications-a11y.pdf?la=en&hash=976FF09D36A5141E9710046EFF9CEC13F5AC80E7 for this discipline verbatim are required to submit https://www.lbcc.edu/sites/main/files/file-attachments/supplementalequivalencyapplication-fillable.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
The deadline to apply for this position is 11:59 p.m. PST, June 2, 2023. Long Beach City College will only consider complete applications for employment. All application materials must be electronically submitted and uploaded by the applicant before the application deadline. DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS
Individuals who require reasonable accommodations in the Application or Examination Process in accordance with ADA should notify the Human Resources Office at least two days prior to the closing date, by calling (562) 938-4372. THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and equity-minded hiring practices. It is the District’s policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunities and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, language, accent, citizenship status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
“Long Beach City College acknowledges our presence on the traditional ancestral land of the Gabrielino/Tongva peoples. This land remains unceded territory. We acknowledge the painful history of genocide and forced removal from this territory. Long Beach City College honors and respects the Gabrielino/Tongva ancestors and their connection to this land.”
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4145879
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Title: Administrative Coordinator Location: Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg Posted Date: May 9, 2023…View Job
Data Science Specialist (Hybrid)
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Data Science Specialist (Hybrid) The Claremont Colleges…View Job
Electrician (Low Voltage)
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Electrician (Low Voltage) The Claremont Colleges Services…View Job
Senior Student Engagement Specialist
To apply for this job please visit binghamton.interviewexchange.com. The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional…View Job