Job TitleDirector, External Relations, College– Dean, Education, Health & Human Services –
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Executive
Salary Range -
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit http://www.kent.edu.
Director, External Relations, College–
Dean, Education, Health & Human Services –
Kent Campus – Kent, OH Opportunity
Opportunity to direct the development and implementation of comprehensive external relations initiatives and priorities in partnership with the Division of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement (DPAE). Reports to Dean, College.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five years of fundraising, sales, communications and/or events experience. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and overnight travel.
Under the direction of the dean of the College of Education, Health, and Human Services, the director of external relations is responsible for providing the college leadership with the University’s comprehensive campaign, philanthropic priorities, and external relations. The Director serves as a champion for partnership and engagement across the College of Education, Health, and Human Services. Through close collaboration with the Division of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement, the director will collaborate, develop, and implement strategies focusing on philanthropic engagement, with connections to recruiting, marketing, audience engagement, and fundraising.
The Director of External Relations will (1) implement philanthropic engagement goals including strategic plans and objectives; (2) initiate and maintain cooperative relationships with industry and community partners, external constituencies, and businesses as appropriate; (3) develop and implement goals to increase engagement across the college, (4) develop and implement annual giving strategies, (5) work in collaboration with scholarship administrator to award scholarships to students, (6) work in partnership with college leadership and Division of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement to support institutional philanthropic goals, (7) plan and execute external engagement events and opportunities (8) contribute as an integral member of college leadership.
Summary of Responsibilities
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Provide college leadership with the University’s comprehensive campaign, philanthropic priorities and external relations.
· Partner with DPAE communications project manager(s) and philanthropic advisor(s) on alumni communications and annual giving outreach, and major gift giving strategies, respectively.
· Develop and coordinate alumni outreach, donor communication and stewardship efforts for specific geographic or affinity-based constituencies.
· Manage donor services, such as, but not limited to, annual giving initiatives, donor events, fund support, and scholarship administration in partnership with DPAE.
· Ensure that college leadership is engaged with donors, prospects and volunteers.
· Develop and implement alumni and donor-centered engagement strategies in consultation with faculty, staff and other DPAE staff.
· Identify, engage and foster meaningful institutional relationships with prospective supporters.
· Assist and participate in community engagement initiatives.
· Coordinate with the Corporate and Foundation Relations staff on corporate and foundation donors.
· Coordinate communications, marketing and alumni/donor outreach through DPAE communications team.
· Identify and cultivate external partnerships that promote the mission and goals of the college.
· Organize and manage special alumni events, college centric alumni award events, and college and program milestone events.
· May provide direct supervision of classified staff.
· Serve on various committees.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five years of fundraising, sales, communications and/or events experience. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and overnight travel.
· Experience in higher education fundraising.
· External relations/affairs Fundraising practices *
· Project planning and implementation
· Sales and marketing *
· Fundraising *
· Prospect management *
· Problem-solving *
· Organizing and implementing fundraising campaigns and projects *
· Written, verbal, interpersonal communication *
· Microsoft Office Suite *
· Adhering to deadlines *
· Raise funds *
· Manage people and projects *
· Motivate and cultivate relationships with supporters, including alumni and friends *
· Conduct research in a timely manner *
· Work independently and as part of a team *
· Multi-task while managing multiple projects and assignments *
· Work a flexible schedule including nights, weekend and overnight travel *
· Work collaboratively with university colleagues *
· Communicate effectively with all components of the university and external constituents *
· Learn new computer software and programs *
· Asterisk (*) indicates knowledge, skills, abilities which may require assessments. Assessments could take the form of interview questions, a request to provide work samples or a written or practical test to assess job-related competencies.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Light work-Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Incumbent must be able to communicate with others. Incumbent required to travel from building to building and off campus frequently.
· Kent State University is committed to the creation and nurturing of a diverse community of individuals through inclusive excellence. Diversity involves recognizing the value of differences and the inclusion of all members of the community including those that experience discrimination or under representation. This is a core value of the organization as we strive for a culturally diverse student body, faculty and staff that reflect the multicultural nature of Ohio, the nation, and our world.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Dean of the Morosky College of Health…View Job
Colorado State University
To apply for this job please visit jobs.colostate.edu. CSU is recruiting for a high-impact leadership…View Job