Job TitleAssistant Professor of Biology & Marine Science – Physical Oceanography, Tenure Track
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Jacksonville, FL US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Dr. Jeremy Stalker
To apply for this job please visit http://www.ju.edu.
Jacksonville University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Marine Science, tenure-track beginning August 2023. Seeking a physical oceanographer with an emphasis on estuarine, coastal, and/or open ocean processes. Must be qualified to teach Physical Oceanography and related courses at both undergraduate and master’s degree levels. Knowledge and interest in GIS, modeling, coding language, and/or remote sensing techniques, a plus. Ph.D. required by time of appointment. Successful candidates are expected to develop an active grant-funded research involving undergraduates and master’s students. A strong commitment to providing high-quality education with significant teacher/student interaction is required.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Expected area of emphasis on one of the following: estuarine, coastal, and/or open ocean processes
2. Must be able to teach Physical Oceanography, and related courses at both undergraduate and master’s degree levels.
3. Must be able to teach online courses at the master’s degree level to support the MA in Marine Science and MS in Marine Studies programs.
4. Must participate in college and university service.
5. Develop research portfolio related to physical oceanography that includes serving as the primary advisor to graduate students conducting thesis research.
1. Combination of work indoors and outdoors.
2. Some off-campus travel may be required.
3. Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion.
1. Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment.
2. Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
3. Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Minimum Education Requirement: A PhD in physical oceanography, marine science, or other related discipline by time of appointment.
Minimum Work Experience: Academic teaching experience in marine science or physical oceanography and GIS.
Preferred Qualifications: Interest in applying modeling, coding language, and/or remote sensing techniques
Important Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Covid Vaccination Information: Faculty and Staff: All Jacksonville University employees who work at any JU facility must be vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information regarding the JU vaccination policy.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, transcripts, JU faculty application, and include names with contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening will begin November 1st and continue until the position is filled.
University of Maine (ECE)
To apply for this job please visit umaine.hiretouch.com. Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering…View Job
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job