Job TitleAssistant Professor of Biology and Marine Science – Marine Vertebrate Biology, Tenure Track
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Jacksonville, FL US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Dr. Bryan Franks
To apply for this job please visit http://www.ju.edu.
Jacksonville University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Marine Science, tenure-track beginning August 2023. Seeking a marine vertebrate biologist. Must be qualified to teach Marine Mammal Biology and related courses at both undergraduate and master’s degree levels. Ph.D. or DVM required by time of appointment. Successful candidates are expected to develop an active grant-funded research involving undergraduates and master’s students and a strong commitment to providing high-quality education with significant teacher/student interaction is required.
Essential Job Duties
1. Must be able to teach Marine Mammal Biology at both undergraduate and master’s degree levels, and Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy and related courses at the undergraduate level.
2. Must be able to teach online courses at the master’s degree level to support the MA and MS in Marine Studies program.
3. Must participate in college and university service.
4. Develop research portfolio related to field of study which includes serving as the primary advisor to graduate students conducting thesis research.
1. Combination of work indoors and outdoors.
2. Some off-campus travel may be required.
3. Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion.
Minimum Education Requirement: A PhD or DVM by time of appointment in August 2023.
Minimum Work Experience: Interest in involving undergraduate/graduate research in related disciplines.
Important Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Covid Vaccination Information: Faculty and Staff: All Jacksonville University employees who work at any JU facility must be vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information regarding the JU vaccination policy.
To Apply: Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, transcripts, JU faculty application, and include names with contact information for references to : email@example.com.
Screening will begin Nov. 1st and continue until the position is filled.
University of Maine (ECE)
To apply for this job please visit umaine.hiretouch.com. Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering…View Job
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job