Job TitleAssociate Director of Student Life
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Bloomington, IN US
Deadline June 24, 2022
Contact Name Sarah Snyder
Department Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit hrms.indiana.edu.
Founded in 1842, the Indiana University Maurer School of Law is the oldest public law school in the Midwest. Located on Indiana University’s flagship Bloomington campus, the Law School is unmatched for the beauty of its surroundings, providing students an exceptional legal education. It is the highest-ranked public law school in Indiana and in the top 20 among public law schools nationally. Preeminent faculty, dedicated and talented staff, and engaged alumni make up the law school’s caring and inclusive community. The Law School is committed to hiring and developing staff, with diverse backgrounds and life experiences, who want to work in a high performing and collegial environment that supports the outstanding work of our students and colleagues.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Advises student organizations and resolve issues
- Meets regularly with student organization leaders
- Ensures student organization compliance with university and law school policies
- Trains student organization leaders and maintain student organization handbook
- Plans student organization events and manage event approvals
- Maintains files and working documents related to student organizations
- Produces compliance reports
- Manages student organization recruitment events, such as organization fairs, callouts, and information sessions
- Handles student organization-related communications, announcements, website, and social media
- Manages physical space for student organizations
- Manages student organization budgets, review and approve allocation requests, and process reimbursements and payments
- Assists Director of Student Affairs and Dean of Students with other duties, including planning and executing major student-focused events, such as orientation and graduation
- Develops and implements programs and initiatives geared at improving student engagement and involvement outcomes at the program, department/division, or campus level.
- Interfaces directly with students, attending student life events and programs and gathering satisfaction feedback from student participants to implement into future student life initiatives and objectives.
- Collaborates with staff in own department and other departments, as well as student organization leaders, on shared student life goals, often coordinating funding to sponsor student life initiatives.
- Measures and evaluates effectiveness of student life initiatives against projected outcomes; prepares reports and may present to stakeholders on effectiveness and to secure funding for initiatives moving forward.
- Provides guidance to student organizations regarding operations, budget, leadership, activities, recruitment, registration, policies, and compliance. Promotes leadership and student development through advising of individual student leaders and volunteers.
- Contributes to formation, interpretation, and implementation of student organization policies.
- Plans and coordinates communications for student life initiatives to ensure student participation and inclusion.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in public affairs, public health, counseling, social work, education, business, or related field
Preferred: Masters Degree in higher education/student affairs, counseling, or related field.
Required: Some experience in student services, higher education, or related field
Preferred: 3 years in student services, higher education, or related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds and commitment to cultural competency
- Ability to build strong partnerships with students and other university departments
College of Staten Island
To apply for this job please visit www.cuny.edu. Job Title: Lecturer – Linguistics and Speech…View Job