Associate Vice President of Student SuccessIndiana Institute of Technology
Job TitleAssociate Vice President of Student Success
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Executive
Salary Range -
Location Fort Wayne, IN US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
Indiana Institute of Technology
Associate Vice President of Student Success
Academic Career & Executive Search is pleased to assist Indiana Institute of Technology in its search for Associate Vice President of Student Success.
For best consideration, please apply by August 2, 2022.
Indiana Institute of Technology (Indiana Tech), a success story in higher ed, is enjoying an 11% improvement in traditional graduation rates since 2010 as well as awarding record levels of degrees in 2021. Year over year, for ten years, SAT and GPA’s have increased for each incoming class. Additionally, Indiana Tech has been recognized as one of America’s best online learning schools of 2022 by Newsweek and received a $9.8 million grant from Lilly Endowments to support initiatives to improve student retention. Moreover, Indiana Tech has been ranked among the nation’s Best Online Bachelor’s in Business Programs by U.S. News & World Report as well as recognized as a Gold Level and top 10 status as a Military Friendly School for 2022-23.
This is a remarkable opportunity for a results-driven strategist and motivated change agent to serve in this critical role as the next Associate Vice President (AVP) of Student Success. The successful candidate will set the direction for student success programs and activities that enhance opportunities for students to succeed campus wide. Reporting to the VP for Enrollment Management, the next AVP is an outward facing, seasoned engagement leader that drives program development and student success with a keen eye on retention and enrollment.
The AVP of Student Success will be responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating the strategic student success and retention plan for all areas of Indiana Tech. This position will have direct supervision and oversight of staff, programs, and services that support student success. The ideal candidate will serve as a results-driven strategist and change agent who works collaboratively with enrollment management, student affairs, and academic areas of the university to facilitate a university-wide approach to student success. The AVP of Student Success will supervise the Office of Student Success and oversee advising/registration, academic support services, disability services, and student retention coordination. The AVP will provide support for orientation and first-year programs.
The ideal candidate will understand and employ national best practices adapted to Indiana Tech’s institutional context, guiding the development and implementation of efforts in student success. The AVP will use data and analysis to make decisions and will possess a positive leadership style and an unwavering commitment to student success and must operate with a high level of emotional intelligence and ethical conduct.
This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the advising and coaching activity to support campus-wide interventions such as early alert/progress reporting and registration pushes.
- Develop advising/coaching curriculum, services, and interventions that align with University retention and outcome goals.
- Employ best practices and effective approaches to advising within our institutional context
- Establish and monitor goals, objectives, and key performance indicators regularly to determine effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize students’ utilization of academic outreach services, with particular attention to subpopulations of students considered at risk of academic failure.
- Work closely with university leadership to monitor and report outcomes, explore opportunities, and communicate barriers to success.
- Assure data accuracy, prepare summary reports for leadership, and present data, including process improvements consistently.
- Serve as a trusted resource to faculty and other areas of the university in areas of advising and student success.
- Collaborate with other departments that directly serve students to coordinate student services and support.
- Support admission and orientation efforts.
- Plan and manage the departmental budget and assist in identifying, planning, and writing funding proposals.
- Ensures proper handling of student information in keeping with FERPA laws and other policies observed by Indiana Tech.
- Actively supports efforts by other Indiana Tech units to deepen student engagement and increase student persistence toward degree completion.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- An advanced degree in student development, educational administration, or relevant discipline: Master’s required, doctoral degree preferred
- Prior experience in student success, retention, or relevant roles
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff, budgets, and program operations
- Well-honed problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and a strong interest in building cooperative relationships
- Ability to collect, analyze, interpret, and present data
- Competent in systems usage, including database and all Microsoft products
- A professional record that exemplifies a deep understanding of academic advising, academic development, and/or college student retention programs, ideally including experience working with racially and culturally diverse populations
- A solid track record as a collaborative leader with at least three years of supervisory experience in an academic setting
- Post-secondary teaching experience preferred
About the Institution
Indiana Tech is a comprehensive, private, not-for-profit, four-year university. Indiana Tech provides learners a professional education; prepares them for active participation, career advancement, and leadership in the global 21st century society; and motivates them toward a life of significance and worth.
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services, and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to their unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. They are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. They believe that diversity and inclusion among employees is critical to success with respect to educating students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan. Visit the Indiana Tech Office of Student Success at Office of Student Success – Office of Student Success (indianatech.edu)
Indiana Tech recognizes and adheres to the following core values:
- RESPECT: Treating all stakeholders fairly and equitably
- COMMITMENT: Affirming an unceasing dedication to educating the whole learner
- HONESTY: Demonstrating truthful behavior in an open environment
- PASSION: Possessing a burning desire to fulfill our purpose, mission, and vision
- INTEGRITY: Behaving consistently with mission and core values
- BELONGING: Welcoming all to our community and encouraging all voices to be heard
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Indiana Tech intentionally embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to the recruitment, engagement and retention of students, faculty and staff who represent a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our entire campus community is critical to the education and advancement of our students in becoming global citizens.
Our 2021-22 Operational Imperatives
- To attain CPS session counts at or above 25,871 (excluding LAMPRO)
- To raise net traditional revenue of $16,099,550
- To develop a budget for 2022/23 which supports the strategic plan
- To assess and work with the board of trustees on the university’s enterprise risk management
- To deploy the HEERF funding in a manner that supports students as well as the university
- To maintain the cohort default rate at 20% or lower
- To work together to help students successfully complete their courses, remaining adaptable to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- To complete assessment plans, assurance arguments, and on-site reviews as required by HLC, ABET, and IACBE to maintain accreditation
Living in the Area
With its cost of living 21% below the national average, quiet neighborhoods and a population hovering at 260,000, Fort Wayne, Indiana, is an excellent place to buy a house, start a career, launch a business, and raise children. As a midsize metropolitan area in the heart of the Midwest, residents in Fort Wayne have access to the amenities one would expect to find in a large metropolis, like excellent entertainment options and a thriving restaurant and arts scene. Residents also encounter quirky special events, such as the yearly Busker Fest devoted to street performers and the annual bed race that takes place during the Three Rivers Festival.
Fort Wayne has numerous family-friendly attractions, including Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo and Science Central. Additionally, kids can stretch their legs in the city’s dozens of public parks. Running and cycling events are popular with residents of all fitness levels, with the largest being the Fort4Fitness running and cycling events. Meanwhile, Fort Wayne has a robust sports tradition. There are three championship-winning minor league teams: the Komets (hockey), the TinCaps (baseball), and the Mad Ants (basketball). Within driving distance to several large cities such as Toledo, Akron, and Cleveland, OH, the area offers a small community feel with big city life in reach.
For best consideration, please apply by August 2, 2022.
To be viewed by the search firm, you must apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyc4mt8
Please do not email applications.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and curriculum vita. All applications are treated confidentially.
Inquiries, referrals, and nominations are treated confidentially:
Inquiries and questions: Please send to email@example.com
Nominations and referrals: Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Institution’s EEO Statement
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ames National Laboratory
To apply for this job please visit www.ameslab.gov. Ames National Laboratory, Laboratory Director Ames…View Job
Implementation Director for Student Information System (2-3 Year Appointment with Benefits; Hybrid)
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Implementation Director for Student Information System (2-3…View Job
Founding Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer
California State University, Stanislaus
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com. California State University, Stanislaus Founding Chief Diversity,…View Job
Executive Director, Center for Governance and Markets
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Title: Executive Director, Center for Governance and Markets…View Job