Job TitleHuman Participants Research Coordinator
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 50,000-70,000
Location Urbana, Illinois
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Beckman Human Resources
Department Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
Phone US +1 (217) 333-2137
To apply for this job please visit jobs.illinois.edu.
The Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Human Participants Research Coordinator. This position develops and manages a coordinated approach to human participant research activities for the Beckman Institute, including participant recruitment, enrollment, and data collection. This position manages and assists in the development of a comprehensive data management system; the I-HELP Registry and Database and acts as community outreach and liaison to promote human research participation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Works with Faculty Advisory Committee to develop policies and procedures for (a) recruitment and retention of human research participants, (b) data collection and management strategies, and (c) outreach
– Participant Recruitment and Enrollment:
· Manages human participant recruitment, including the development and implementation of a coordinated recruitment strategy (e.g., advertising, community events, snowballing techniques, webpage presence).
· Works with principal investigators (PIs) to find and match research participants to requirements for individual studies.
· Conducts screenings to identify potential study candidates.
– Manages I-HELP Registry and Database:
· Serves as the “Registry Coordinator” (RC) for the I-HELP Registry and Database implemented in a REDCap environment:
o Provides PIs with lists of appropriate participants with contact information based on the I-HELP registry.
o Updates the I-HELP Registry and Database based on input from participating labs and participants’ interviews.
· Works with I-HELP participating faculty to maintain and (as necessary) revise the I-HELP Handbook defining procedures for effective use of the registry and database by the research community.
· Provides participating faculty with biannual updates on the status of the I-HELP registry (e.g., number of active participants, distributions by age, sex, race, and ethnicity).
· Manages the I-HELP IRB process, including the annual renewal and working with faculty to update protocols as necessary.
– Community Outreach and Liaison to Research Participants:
· Works with faculty and the Beckman Communications Office to engage with human research participants and develop short descriptions of study findings, their practical implications, and their societal impact to advance communication and build relationships.
· Builds relationships with the community (e.g., healthcare centers, park districts) and facilitates the identification and recruitment of human research participants.
· Communicates with potential research participants and acts as the main point of contact to encourage their engagement with the research community at the Beckman Institute.
· With input from faculty, coordinates and distributes a bi-annual newsletter to human research participants (e.g., introducing faculty, describing research impact, announcing Beckman events).
– Regulatory Oversight:
· Maintains certification in human participant research training (CITI).
· Stays abreast of IRB policy and changes as well as best practices in conducting research with human participants.
· Educates the Beckman community (e.g., students, researchers) on IRB policy changes and best practices in conducting research with human participants.
– Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, health sciences or related field
· Experience in human participant research
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
· Experience working with datasets (e.g., Excel, SPSS, R)
· Master’s degree in psychology, neuroscience, health sciences or related field
· Experience in human participant research recruitment and/or coordination
· Experience with REDCap
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proficient in working with datasets
· Self-sufficient problem-solver
· Organized and meticulous with detail
· Comfortable with input from diverse points of view
· Excellent communication skills
This is a full-time academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after January 16, 2024. The salary range for the position is $50,000-$70,000 per year.
Application Procedures and Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on January 12, 2024. Apply for this position by visiting jobs.illinois.edu and using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of the posting. Please upload your cover letter, CV/resume, and the names/contact information of three professional references. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) seeks a…View Job