Job TitleAssistant Professor of Accounting
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Grand Rapids, MI US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Lara Kessler
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gvsu.edu.
Assistant Professor of Accounting
Grand Valley State University School of Accounting in the Seidman College of Business invites applications for a faculty position beginning in Fall 2023. The open position is for an Assistant Professor. Applicants are expected to have earned a Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree in Accounting or a closely related field from an AACSB or equivalently accredited institution by August 2023 and be interested in teaching in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. All teaching interests in Accounting will be considered. Salary is competitive. Visit our Web site at: jobs.gvsu.edu for more information, additional requirements, a full description of the position, and details on how to apply. The Seidman College of Business, fully accredited by AACSB International, values and supports a blend of excellent teaching and scholarly productivity. The atmosphere at the Seidman College of Business is highly collegial, with opportunities for outstanding professional growth. The Grand Rapids community is a vibrant, exciting area with significant leisure time activities available. Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Ph.D. or appropriate terminal degree from an AACSB or equivalent accredited institution earned by August 2023. Current ABD candidates will be considered.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching effectiveness.
- Demonstrated potential for research consistent with the mission of the college.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Interest in integrating emerging technologies throughout the accounting curriculum
- Experience with experiential learning and community-based projects
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Typical teaching load is nine credit hours per semester
- Effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (MSA, MST, MBA & EMBA), as well as providing service to the department, college, university, and community, is expected
- Research and scholarship that meets AACSB standards are expected
Salary: Competitive salary with an excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro)
- For details about Seidman College of Business, visit http://www.gvsu.edu/seidman
- The School of Accounting has 16 full-time faculty and offers a highly collegial atmosphere with many opportunities for professional growth
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select “Apply now”. To be considered, applicants must upload the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
- Cover letter to include your teaching philosophy and research interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Ph.D. and/or terminal degree transcripts from the granting institution
- Teaching evaluations for all courses taught in the last two years (and any other evidence of teaching excellence) with department/school comparisons
- Sample of completed or in-progress research work
The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about the position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: Dr. Lara Kessler (email@example.com or 616-331-7260).
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University. Preference will be given to applications received by January 4, 2023.
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or
1-800-833-7833 (out of State)
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job