Job TitleAssistant/Associate Professor of Management-Strategy-GVSU
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Grand Rapids, Michigan
Application Deadline November 28, 2022
Contact Name Brett Crawford
Grand Valley State University’s Department of Management in the Seidman College of Business invites applications for faculty positions beginning in Fall 2023. The open position is for an Assistant or Associate Professor. Applicants are expected to have earned a Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree in Management or a closely related field from an AACSB or equivalently accredited institution by August 2023 and be interested in teaching in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. Applicants must be interested in teaching Strategy as well as doing research centered around Strategy. Salary is competitive. Visit our Web site at: jobs.gvsu.edu for more information, additional requirements, a full description of the position, and details on how to apply. The Seidman College of Business, fully accredited by AACSB International, values and supports a blend of excellent teaching and scholarly productivity. The atmosphere at the Seidman College of Business is highly collegial, with opportunities for outstanding professional growth. The Grand Rapids community is a vibrant, exciting area, with significant leisure time activities available. Candidates must be committed to GVSU’s vision of inclusion and equity.
Required Qualifications and Education
· Ph.D. or an appropriate terminal degree from an AACSB or equivalent accredited institution earned by August 2023. Current ABD candidates will be considered.
· Demonstrated potential for teaching effectiveness
· Demonstrated potential for research consistent with the mission of the college
· Strategy experience
· Relevant industry experience
Preferred Qualifications and Education
· Experience with experiential learning and community-based projects
· Ability to teach at the graduate level
· Typical teaching load is nine credit hours per semester
· Effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels (MBA & EMBA), as well as provide service to the department, college, university, and community, is expected
· Research and scholarship that meets AACSB standards is expected
Compensation: Competitive salary with excellent benefits package (www.gvsu.edu/hro).
· For details about Seidman College of Business, visit http://www.gvsu.edu/seidman
· The Management Department has 34 full-time faculty and offers a highly collegial atmosphere with many opportunities for professional growth.
How to Apply
· Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu to be considered; applicants must upload the following (in PDF format) to the online application:
1) Cover letter to include your teaching philosophy and research interests
2) Curriculum vitae
3) Unofficial Ph.D. and/or terminal degree transcripts from the granting institution
4) Teaching evaluations for all courses taught in the last two years (and any other evidence of teaching excellence) with department/school comparisons
5) Sample of completed or in-progress research work
· On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references.
· Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview.
· If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Questions about this position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair: Brett Crawford (firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-331-7413).
· Consideration of applications will begin immediately. Please submit by November 28, 2022, to ensure full consideration. The position may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department (Tenure Track) – #077413
To apply for this job please visit www.sujobopps.com. Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science…View Job
University of Illinois
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. The Department of Kinesiology and Community Health,…View Job
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The School of Education at Gordon College…View Job