Job TitleDirector of Graduate Education
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Wenham, MA, U.S.A.
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Jon Welty Peachey
Department The Office of Academic Affairs
The Gordon College School of Education invites applications for a forward thinking, flexible, collaborative, and detail-oriented Director of Graduate Education. This is a twelve month, on campus, faculty position with both teaching and administrative duties with an anticipated start date in August 2023. Rank will be commensurate with experience.
Gordon College’s School of Education offers both undergraduate and graduate programs allowing its 600 plus students to earn initial and professional licenses for teaching and administration through targeted training programs and personalized advising. Graduate programs are offered primarily online through both synchronous and asynchronous delivery. Gordon is nationally recognized for preparing teachers in the science of reading instruction, and local school districts also recognize Gordon for its excellence in teacher and administrator preparation.
Gordon College is a Christian liberal arts college located in Massachusetts on Boston’s North Shore, a beautiful coastal area with easy access to Boston. The Gordon College community has made a commitment to pursuing shalom, a right ordering of relationships and actions resulting in the affirmation of human dignity and the flourishing of community. We are interested in candidates who can help us live out this commitment through research and practice.
Responsibilities of the Director of Graduate Education will include the following:
- Coordinate with the Dean, licensure officer, program advisors, and administrative team to oversee graduate programs and practicum placements to ensure candidates are ready to be endorsed for licensure;
- Support the onboarding and ongoing mentoring of part-time graduate education faculty, including student teaching supervisors;
- In consultation with the Dean and administrative team, review and monitor budgets, staffing, course schedules, catalog copy, advising materials, and handbook policies;
- Work collaboratively with the Dean, faculty, and digital learning team to ensure development of quality asynchronous courses aligned with program outcomes;
- Work collaboratively with the Dean, Undergraduate Education Chair, licensure officer, administrative team, and faculty on continuous improvement initiatives aligned with state licensure requirements and evidence from assessment of program outcomes;
- Assist in the preparation of state and federal reports and accreditation documentation;
- Collaborate with the institution’s content area faculty and K-12 partners;
- Advise students and oversee academic advising for all graduate programs;
- Teach courses and/or supervise practicum placements;
- A commitment to the Christian mission of the college;
- An earned doctorate in Education;
- Experience teaching in a higher education educator preparation programs (experience in online and/or graduate education teaching preferred);
- Comprehensive understanding of PreK – 12 education;
- Commitment to the science of teaching reading;
- Passion for working with adult learners;
- Preference given to candidates with prior administrative or leadership experience
Interested applicants must submit:
- Cover letter addressing the applicant’s fit with the Christian mission of Gordon College, the School of Education, and this specific position;
- CV that includes the names and contact information for three references;
- Sample of recent academic writing
TO APPLY: Please go to Interfolio. Our review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Gordon College is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Assistant Director of the Strategic Learning Center…View Job
Purchase College, SUNY
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Director of the Conservatory of Music and…View Job
Ferris State University
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ferris.edu. Manager of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving…View Job