Job TitleAssistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Education
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Wenham, MA, U.S.A.
Application Deadline December 15, 2023
Contact Name Jon Welty Peachey
Department The Office of Academic Affairs
The School of Education at Gordon College invites applications for a full-time tenure-track open rank professor appointment with specialization in early childhood and/or elementary math and science teacher education. Position to begin August 2024. Rank will be commensurate with experience.
The Gordon School of Education’s nationally recognized teacher preparation program is committed to equipping students to use evidence-based practices through rigorous academic coursework paired with extensive field-based experiences. Local school districts recognize Gordon for its excellence in teacher preparation, and graduates go on to serve in public, charter, and private schools as classroom teachers, interventionists, educational leaders, and researchers. Undergraduate education majors work toward licensure in either early childhood or elementary education with the option to pursue dual licensure with Special Education (Moderate Disabilities, PK-8) or ESL through completion of a minor. Graduate M.Ed. programs include the K-8 Math Specialist, as well as initial and professional licensure tracks with mathematics and science concentrations.
Gordon College is a Christian liberal arts college located in Massachusetts on Boston’s North Shore, a beautiful coastal area with easy access to Boston. Core to the Gordon College mission and curriculum are faculty commitments to integrate faith, learning, and living; cultivate imagination with a disposition of hope; and inspire creative contributions to God’s purposes in a wide range of disciplines. The Gordon College community has made a commitment to pursuing shalom, a right ordering of relationships and actions resulting in the affirmation of human dignity and the flourishing of community. We are interested in candidates who can help us live out this commitment through research and practice.
- Teach undergraduate early childhood and/or elementary education methods coursework, including math and science methods, with opportunities for other courses aligned with areas of interest and expertise, such as Concepts of Science and Principles of Engineering, Pk-6; ESL courses; child development; or classroom management;
- Supervise field-based experiences and the student teaching practicum;
- Engage in partnerships with local schools;
- Advise students;
- Represent the School of Education on college committees;
- Engage in scholarly work;
- Optional online graduate course teaching based on faculty interest and department need.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Doctorate in education (ABD will be considered);
- Commitment to the Christian mission of the college;
- Three or more years of K-12 teaching experience, with a preference for K-6;
- Passion for initial teacher preparation in STEM content areas, including a practice-based approach;
- Desire to mentor undergraduate students;
- Collaborative skills that cross departmental and disciplinary boundaries;
- Experience in urban, cross-cultural, or otherwise diverse education settings;
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including culturally and linguistically sustaining practices;
- Active research program or potential for its development.
Interested Applicants Must Submit:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s fit with the Christian mission of Gordon College and interest in this specific position;
- CV that includes the names and contact information for 3 references;
- A sample of academic writing.
TO APPLY: Please go to apply.interfolio.com/131919. For full consideration, please apply by December 15, 2023.
For more information on Gordon College, please visit http://www.gordon.edu.
Gordon College is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, or disability.
Long Beach Community College District
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Full Time Faculty – English Composition Generalist…View Job
Florida International University
To apply for this job please visit facultycareers.fiu.edu. Florida International University is a top public…View Job