Job TitleOpen-Rank Academic Professional – Director of Women in Engineering, Georgia Tech
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Atlanta, GA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Damon Williams
To apply for this job please visit careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu.
The College of Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, GA seeks outstanding applicants for the position of Director of Women in Engineering (WIE). This is an open-rank, non-tenure track faculty position.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Inclusive Excellence, the Director of WIE is responsible for developing a forward-looking vision for the WIE program that will enable Georgia Tech to sustain its leadership position and positively impact the recruitment of top female students and faculty in engineering as well as promote the overall success of women in engineering. Specific responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategic goals and directions for WIE
- Directly responsible for fundraising and operations of all WIE programs
Work with admissions on the recruitment of female students within the College of Engineering (COE)
- Develop research and write proposals aimed at STEM issues related to WIE
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of female faculty members in COE
- Partner with various campus organizations, including Society of Women Engineers (SWE), Women’s Resource Center (WRC) and Center for Women, Science, and Technology (WST).
- Collaborate and interact with other programs for women and diversity in engineering across campus and nationally
- A terminal degree in their specific discipline
- A record of excellence in academic and professional achievements
- Evidence of success in an administrative leadership role
- Ph.D. degree
- 3+ years of administrative leadership experience
- 3+ years experience establishing and maintaining relationships with corporate partners/sponsors or related experience.
Please apply at the link below.
Required Documents to Attach
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of a) education interests, b) advising/mentoring philosophy and c) management philosophy
- Diversity statement
- Names and contact information for at least three professional references
This position is located in Atlanta, GA
Located in one of America’s most vibrant cities, the College of Engineering (COE) is the largest producer of women and minority engineers in the country. Offering more than 50 different degree tracks at the bachelor’s masters, and doctoral levels, COE incorporates eight engineering schools, consistently ranked among U.S. News & World
Report’s top 10. The College has built a strong reputation in the United States and abroad, and graduates leave with skills, knowledge, and global savvy for a world increasingly dependent on engineering.
Founded in 1994, the Women in Engineering (WIE) program plays a leading role in addressing women’s concerns at Georgia Tech and beyond. WIE aims increase the number of women students who choose majors, advanced degrees, and careers in engineering. It also seeks to ensure that every woman with the potential and interest in these careers has the necessary background and support to pursue her interests, from pre-school to graduate school. As we continue into the twenty-first century, the economic, social, and technological goals of our nation can only be met by drawing from the broadest possible pool of people – women and men alike with the highest potential for success in scientific and engineering pursuits. While WIE programs are designed for women, their implementation is inclusive of all students, and driven by the belief that WIE’s success is a natural result of efforts to improve the overall climate for all students. Additional information regarding the WIE program may be found at https://wie.gatech.edu/.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.
For additional information regarding this job opening, please contact Associate Dean Damon Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org). For technical issues related to submission of your application on the GT Careers site, please contact Dawn Franklin (email@example.com).
Associate or Full Professor of Psychology; Director of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research
University of California, Irvine
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ap.uci.edu. The Department of Psychological Science at the…View Job