Job TitleFaculty in Criminology
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Fresno, CA US
Deadline July 02, 2022
Contact Name Courtney Blohm
To apply for this job please visit fresno.edu.
POSITION: Full-time, with faculty rank; tenure-track, 11-month contract, appointment in the School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences (Division of Social Sciences). This position serves Degree Completion, Online, and Main Campus teaching programs in the Criminology major, under the direction of the Criminology Program Director.
STARTING DATE: January 2023
Applications will be reviewed beginning August 15, 2022, and a hire will be made as soon as a suitable candidate is discerned.
· Teach in the Criminology curriculum across all modalities. Teaching responsibilities include traditional face-to-face, blended, and online teaching. This includes instruction on our main and regional campuses, as well as evening classes.
· Pursue an active scholarly agenda.
· Curriculum development.
· Contribute to ongoing program assessment and evaluation.
· Work collaboratively with the Criminology Program Director and Criminology faculty to continue the growth of Criminology at Fresno Pacific University.
· Represent the Criminology program at recruitment and enrollment events.
· Earned Ph.D. in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Anthropology, or a related field. A J.D., Ed.D. or similar qualification is not acceptable.
· Record of scholarly achievement, evidenced by publications in respected, peer-reviewed academic journals or similar publications. Previous success in grant applications and managing research grants is an added benefit.
· Demonstrated experience of exceptional college-level teaching.
· Evidence of high-level course development in face-to-face, blended, and online modalities.
· Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning, and involvement in a local church.
· Candidates with at least two semesters of full-time teaching in Criminology, including face-to-face, blended, and fully online modalities, including full participation in the operations of a Criminology program will be prioritized.
· Ability to pursue an interdisciplinary approach to Criminology, in both research and teaching. Preference will be given to candidates whose work in particular explores issues related to under-served groups, for example refugees, indigenous communities, or people with disabilities.
· Experience with and knowledge of the theories, principles, and application of restorative justice, as demonstrated by research and publications, and/or professional experience. Candidates whose work encompasses restorative practices within minority communities will be given preference.
· Experience with and knowledge of the theories, principles, and applications of peacemaking and conflict studies, as demonstrated by research and publications, and/or professional experience.
· Experience living and working outside the United States, and/or the ability to bring an international perspective to the role.
· Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or Anabaptist congregation.
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea at fresno.edu/about/fpu_idea.
COMPENSATION: Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
APPLICATION: A faculty application is available at http://www.fresno.edu/visitors/careers
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Dr. Ron Herms
Fresno Pacific University
School of HRSS
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2301
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email HRSS@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
American University School of Communication
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The School of Communication at American University…View Job
University of Connecticut
To apply for this job please visit academicjobsonline.org. INTRODUCTION The Department of Allied Health Sciences,…View Job
University of Central Florida
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ucf.edu. The School of Visual Arts and Design…View Job