Job TitleFaculty in Chemistry/Physics
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Fresno, CA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Tara Sirvent, Dean
Department School of Natural Science
Phone US +1 (559) 453-2000
Fresno Pacific University’s (FPU) growing STEM programs invite applications for a tenure track, Assistant Professor of Chemistry or Physics to begin for the Fall semester 2023. FPU seeks professionals of Christian faith who are committed to integration of faith and learning in their respective fields. The applicants must have demonstrated teaching ability, commitment to scholarship and program development, and a commitment to working with and encouraging diversity. Depending upon individual speciality, courses to be taught may include but are not limited to 1) General Physics (algebra-based physics series) and their associated labs, 2) University Physics (calculus-based Mechanics and Heat and Electricity and Magnetism) and their associated labs, -or- 3) Physical Chemistry and its corresponding lab, 4) General Chemistry and its corresponding lab, 5) Integrated General, Organic, and Biochemistry its corresponding lab, and/or additional courses in chemistry, or physical and computer sciences.
Start Date: July 1, 2023
- Teach in the baccalaureate program(s). Area of specialization is open but must be able to teach in one or more of the following areas: physics [both the algebra-based and calculus-based series], chemistry, engineering, or computer or data sciences.
- Develop curriculum in area of expertise.
- Pursue an active scholarly professional development agenda while promoting a focus on student-faculty collaborative research.
- Direct supervision of students in undergraduate research.
- Mentor and advise majors in the physical sciences or software engineering majors, depending on area of expertise (as well as general education students).
- Regular communication with students regarding their progress.
- Maintenance of student academic records.
- Doctorate in chemistry, physics, or a related field (ABD candidates will be considered; completion of a terminal degree is a requisite for continued employment).
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching with a commitment to quality undergraduate instruction with attention to student success as an indicator of academic excellence.
- Must be open to teaching in both traditional undergraduate and accelerated degree programs both in-person and online (or in a hybrid, Hi-Flex format).
- Ability to work with students, staff, and faculty in a collegial environment.
- Evidence of passion for student mentoring.
- Able to learn and navigate technology, course management systems, and virtual learning environments such as Moodle.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea at fresno.edu/about/fpu_idea.
COMPENSATION: Dependent on qualifications and experience and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA).
APPLICATION: A faculty application is available at http://www.fresno.edu/visitors/careers – the link is in the job description on the FPU website.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vitae, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
Dr. Tara Sirvent
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete job description at http://fresno.edu/careers
Louisiana State University (LSU)
To apply for this job please visit lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and…View Job
University of Rhode Island
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uri.edu. Position Description: The Sports Media and Communication…View Job