Job TitleManager, Administrative Services
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Dianne Roque
To apply for this job please visit pslinks.fiu.edu.
Manages processes, administrative procedures, and policies to increase efficient and effective operations for the department of budget with the FIU Foundation. Makes high-level independent decisions regarding operational and financial activities. Supervises work of designated employees.
- Reviews and processes procurement contracts in the Total Contract Management (TCM) system and FIU Foundation. Ensures contracts follow state and/or University guidelines and policies and are in compliance with budget. Manages the daily workflow operations and information for the office, including all aspects of procurement and inventory.
- Serves as liaison and main point of contact for division-wide asset and moves management including tracking inventory, property transfer and/or surplus. Monitors the division inventory monthly and updates for archival and property control purposes.
- Serves as the primary liaison for operational questions or issues. Responsible for managing work orders for the division to ensure efficiency, and effective use of division resources. Purchases and manages inventory of materials and supplies for the common areas of the division, including division office supplies.
- Works with the team to develop the department’s annual operating budget. Manages and monitors the department budget. Ensures all expenses comply with University and Foundation policies and guidelines and aligned with the goals of the department. Runs queries and reports in PeopleSoft. Develops and prepares a detailed response to explain any budget variances throughout the year. Conducts research, prepares, and compiles confidential reports as requested. Analyzes the department’s performance and provides recommendations to the Executive Director. Works with the team in ensuring alignment of activities with the department’s strategic plan to support the division’s goals.
- Works collaboratively with division to ensure all consultants and suppliers have completed their purchasing documentation to become registered vendors to allow them to receive payment from the University.
- Reviews, resolves, and responds to requests for information, data, and services. Manages information to foundation staff regarding budget and operational activities including the appropriateness of expenditures, contract requirements, and changes in policies and procedures for the budget and contract process.
- Recommends operational process improvements/efficiencies; drafts policies and procedures on behalf of the Executive Director for division-wide implementation.
Provides high-level coordination and support to the Finance and Administration department, Information Systems and Operations. Manages the effective and efficient operational and administrative functions of the department.
- Serves as Procurement Card and Foundation Card approver/back-up approver for the division. Assures compliance and adherence to University and Foundation credit card policies and procedures. Maintains records of Procurement and Foundation Card receipts for assigned cardholders.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, including maintaining calendar, schedules, and any other meeting arrangements as needed. Manages and coordinates conferences, seminars, and planning sessions for the Executive Director and the department. Coordinates travel arrangements and expense reimbursements for the Finance, IT, and Operations departments.
- Interacts with various university administrators and staff, and with the university’s constituents. Establishes and maintains close liaison with other departments to assure coordination of effort and exchange information. Facilitates the workflow for the department and provides follow-up on pending issues. Interprets policies/procedures and ensures compliance with such policies/procedures.
- Serves as a Procurement cardholder for departmental transactions. Adheres to University’s credit card policies and procedures. Reviews and reconciles all transactions before submitting for final approval.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and four (4) years related business or administrative experience, or Master’s degree in business or related field and two (2) years related business or administrative experience.
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. Academic Director and Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of…View Job
Fielding Graduate University
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com. Associate Provost for Strategic Partnerships and Innovation,…View Job