Job TitleDirector of Development, CasaCuba
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Miami, FL, USA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Dianne Roque
Serves as a frontline, external fundraiser for Florida International University’s CasaCuba. As an integral member of the CasaCuba team, the primary responsibility of the Director of Development is to identify, expand, diversify, and cultivate relationships with prospective and existing donors, in order to successfully close gifts and continue the development of the relationship with the University. The goal of these efforts is the realization of CasaCuba: a new state-of-the-art facility that will be prominently located at the entrance of the main FIU campus and will leverage the latest technology, bringing the Cuban experience to life like never before.
- Provides comprehensive strategic direction in the development and implementation of a fundraising program, management of a fundraising board, and building and strengthening of strategic industry partnerships in support of the FIU’s CasaCuba mission, vision, fundraising and campaign goals. Develops, implements, and manages a comprehensive and strategic fundraising program in support of the unit’s goals and objectives. Proactively identifies new partnerships to engage and generate philanthropic
- Develops, plans, and implements strategies to secure gift funding from individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of the fundraising priorities of the university and the unit. Directs all fundraising activities and initiates the development of donor cultivation, development of proposals, and solicitations of gifts and grants at the major and principal gift levels, specifically focused on the unit. Responsible for stewardship and oversight of gifts and grants related to advancement within the unit. Ensures the awarding of scholarship funds, established by charitable donations and for stewarding scholarship gifts of the assigned unit. from corporations and partners. May plan, oversee, and manage donor stewardship activities in collaboration with Donor Relations & Stewardship. Manages all events for stewardship and solicitation, as needed.
- Collaborates with Editorial Services as appropriate. Drafts, designs, and prepares personalized materials needed for the recognition and stewardship of donors, including gift acknowledgment.
- Establishes and proactively manages a portfolio of up to 150 potential partners, donors, and prospects whose profiles and FIU affinity make them likely to make a gift. Participates in university-wide prospect management, cultivation, and stewardship of donors and prospects. Develops and implements a strategic annual work plan and matrix to assist in identifying and managing the above. Manages prospective donors, meetings, and other institutional performance metrics. Participates in and adheres to university-wide prospect management guidelines and protocols for cultivation and stewardship of donors and prospects. Complies with University policies and meets minimum performance standards as well as achieves annual established goals.
- Travels to meet with and personally solicit previous and potential donors on various campuses and businesses, locally, nationally, internationally, and throughout the community. Attends meeting, gatherings, or College/University sponsored events. Documents contact and prospect moves, tracking progress using Raiser’s Edge/FPM, and adhering to University Advancement prospect. Operates a motor vehicle in the performance of these duties.
- Organizes, promotes, and maintains collaborative working relationships with key faculty, leadership, staff, and volunteers in support of FIU. Works in tandem with development professionals across academic disciplines and industries, as well as other unit deans, and directors to advance the mission of FIU. Collaborates with other University Advancement team members to inspire trust, encourage creative thinking, and collaborate with other FIU staff and volunteers to significantly increase gifts to FIU.
- Demonstrates professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits. Displays honesty, integrity, and ethics to donors. Attends all Development and Advancement-related meetings. Displays a high degree of confidentiality.
- Represents the University and CasaCuba at public functions as needed. Handles donated funds in the form of checks, stocks, or other negotiable securities. Has access to confidential information regarding gifts and donors.
- Engages in networking opportunities in the community that will generate greater awareness of CasaCuba and increase partnership opportunities.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
- Knowledge and understanding of the Cuban culture.
- A demonstrated career track record in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding five and six-figure gifts.
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with colleagues to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/volunteer boards.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and cultivating strong relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of experience with five (5) years in fundraising. Supervises/manages subordinate staff.
Weber State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Director of Government Relations and Special Projects…View Job
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com. North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University…View Job