Job TitleAssociate Director of Development, Frost Art Museum
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range $ 80,000
Location Miami, FL US
Application Deadline June 25, 2023
Contact Name Dianne Roque
Serves as the frontline fundraiser for the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum (PPFAM) through planning, coordinating and implementing of the individual major donor program to build the donor base and meet the organization’s fundraising goals. Responsible for the direct cultivation and solicitation of major gifts and development of cultivation strategies for overall success.
- Develops, plans, and implements strategies to secure gift funding from individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of the fund-raising priorities of the University and PPFAM, Directs all fundraising activities relative to the unit. Initiates, plans and coordinates the development of donor cultivation, development of proposals and solicitations of gifts and grants at the major gift levels specifically focused on the unit.
- Solicits support from previous and potential donors to the University. Meets with potential donors on campus and in the community. Travels locally and nationally, when required, to meet with prospective donors. Attends meetings, gatherings or University-sponsored events.
- Organizes, promotes and maintains collaborative working relationships with key leadership, staff and volunteers in support of FIU. Works in tandem with development specialists in several areas, as well as with other college development officers, deans, directors and the Advancement Services area.
- Develops and directs all fundraising activities assigned to the PPFAM. Meets the annual goal for personal contacts as established by the Sr. VP, Advancement and agreed-upon annual fundraising goal, set jointly by the Directors of PPFAM and Advancement leadership.
- Serves as liaison with volunteer groups supporting the University and the unit. Engages in networking opportunities in the community that will generate greater awareness of the PPFAM and increase partnership opportunities. Accesses confidential information regarding gifts and donors. Represents the University and the PPFAM at public functions as needed.
- Implements policies and procedures for fundraising activities in PPFAM.
- Handles donated funds in the form of checks, stocks or other negotiable securities. Receives donated funds in the forms of checks or negotiable securities. Accesses confidential information regarding gifts and donors, and must maintain office policies on confidential information.
- Oversees the stewardship of gifts and grants within the assigned unit. Ensures the awarding of scholarship funds established by charitable donations in the assigned unit, and for stewarding scholarship gifts in the unit.
- Participates in university-wide prospect management, cultivation and stewardship of donors and prospects. Develops and implements a strategic work plan that focuses on the internal and external objectives of University Advancement and the PPFAM.
- Assists in the development and coordination of efforts associated with volunteer, industry, advisory boards and programs at the Frost Art Museum. Supports industry relations efforts.