Job TitleDonor Events Specialist
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Big Rapids, Michigan
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ferris.edu.
Donor Events Specialist
Donor Events Specialist – Ferris State University. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Advancement, the Donor Events Specialist at Ferris State University is responsible for implementation of the organization’s events and special meetings, including fundraising events, donor relations events, dinner parties, and President’s Box for football and hockey, etc. The Donor Events Specialist will work closely with internal events constituents, including the Vice President for University Advancement and Marketing, Associate Vice Presidents, and Major Gifts and Alumni & Annual Giving teams. This position is responsible for maintaining communication and tactical relationships among events stakeholders including other university departments, corporate and community partners, and event entities. In this role, the Donor Events Specialist will interact with a variety of audiences, including donors, University leadership, Foundation, Alumni and advisory board members, and event sponsors. Facilitates completion of all proper paperwork (e.g., event checklists, expense tracking, etc.) according to business standards.
Required: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in event planning, communications, and/or donor relations. Valid driver’s license.
• Manage all aspects of event planning for University Advancement and Marketing, including Ferris Foundation events, donor events and recognition ceremonies, and President’s Box for football and hockey.
• Oversee the planning and execution of many events per year.
• Research and select vendors, conduct site visits, book venues, draft guest lists, finalize contracts, and lead pre-event meetings for events as needed.
• Develop content for event materials and work with graphic designers to produce.
• Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including, but not limited to, invitations, preparing venues, and arranging for catering, transportation, equipment, décor, and marketing materials.
• Work with UA&M leadership for event invitation lists
• Maintain event budgets and timelines.
• Comply with legal, insurance, health, and safety regulations at all times.
• Work in concert with other University colleges or departments as required.
• Uphold Ferris State University’s mission and vision with each event.
• Any other duties assigned within the position classification area.
• Demonstrates an understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially in working relationships with students, faculty, staff and community members.
To apply and view full job description, visit https://jobs.ferris.edu.
Ferris State University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to inclusion and equity. Learn more about the Ferris mission, commitment to diversity and to equal opportunity, and dynamic, student-focused community at ferris.edu. Applicants requiring accommodation or assistance completing an application/participating in the hiring process should contact Human Resources at (231) 591-2150 or email@example.com.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Senior Benefits Administrator – Retirement (Hybrid) The…View Job
University of Cincinnati
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly. Director, Myron E. Ullman Jr. School of…View Job
Weber State University
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Director of Government Relations and Special Projects…View Job