Job TitleAssistant Professor of Social Work
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Chicopee, MA US
Deadline January 30, 2022
Contact Name Jean Psholka
Department Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit http://www.elms.edu.
Assistant Professor of Social Work
Elms College located in Chicopee, MA invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Social Work. This is full-time tenure track, Social Work faculty position reporting to the Social Work Program Director in the Social Sciences division of the School of Arts Sciences and Professional Programs. This position primarily centers on the off-campus degree completion programs, as well as some work with the on-campus program.
The faculty member is responsible for actively participating in all aspects of community (teaching, scholarship and service) in alignment with the faculty handbook and assists in the governance and organization of the program, including academic planning, curriculum development and review, student academic advising and program enhancement.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Teaches four (4) courses per semester across the Social Work generalist curriculum.
· Instructs in the Saturday degree completion programs.
· Academic advising of degree completion students.
· Acts as a primary liaison between the main campus and off campus programming.
· Leads in training, supporting and mentoring adjunct faculty in the Social Work program.
· Participates actively in Social Work committees, programs, admissions events, and activities.
· Partners in review of curriculum, syllabi, and program assessment.
· Engages actively in committee work in the governance of the College.
· Assists in the maintenance of a vibrant field education program.
· Adheres to College and system policies and procedures as indicated in the faculty handbook, college policies, and in other regulatory-applicable documents.
· Demonstrates commitment to recruiting, supporting, and empowering diverse social work students.
· Contributes to the evaluation of student academic achievement and other evaluative processes of the College.
· Assists the Social Work Program Director with administrative tasks as needed and appointed.
· Upholds, promotes and demonstrates behaviors consistent with the mission and core values of the College (Faith, Community, Justice, and Excellence).
× MSW from a Council on Social Work Education accredited program; plus an earned doctorate in Social Work or related field required.
× Demonstrated teaching excellence at the college/university level required, and experience in web-based course delivery and instructional technology a plus.
× Minimum of five (5) years of social work experience, with strong experience in supporting diverse populations.
× Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work flexibly within a high-paced working environment.
× Knowledge of CSWE EPAS and related standards.
Send a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 professional references via email (as Word or PDF attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and review of candidates will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Elms College’s diversity statement embodies the charism of the founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph, including embracing “the love of neighbor without distinction” and whose Catholic heritage guides our intellectual, social, educational, and community endeavors.
The College values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all curricular and co- curricular programs. We encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, members of ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply for our positions. We want to ensure all applicants demonstrate intercultural competence, commitment, and experience working with diverse populations, proven through educational background, professional development, and lived experience.
Elms College is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every qualification outlined in the job description. At Elms, we want to ensure we find the best candidate for the position, and we believe that candidate may come from a less traditional background. Therefore, if you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your experience and qualifications for the role.