Job TitleProgram Coordinator
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range $ 60,000-65,000
Location New York, NY
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Mickaelar Mendez
The Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (OSDIB) at Columbia Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons (VP&S) is committed to nurturing the diversity of our institution by actively recruiting, enrolling, and graduating a diverse population of students. Whether through our various pipeline programs for pre-college and pre-medical students or through the intergenerational connections fostered within our diversity alliance, we maintain a strong sense of camaraderie at VP&S. This multicultural community ensures a comprehensive and enriching learning experience for all students.
To support the mission and objectives of the Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging, we seek a Program Coordinator, whose role is to provide assistance with general office operations, financial process tracking, and other technical and program related matters. To appropriately meet the needs of this role, the preferred candidate will have experience managing a broad range of administrative tasks and projects; the ability to provide proactive and responsive support to OSDIB staff and students; and the capacity to be a central resource for the coordination of directives provided by OSDIB’s Associate Dean and Director.
The ODMA Program Coordinator responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the tasks outlined below. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Manage finance tracking processes and provide vendor-related status updates
- Serve as point person for all expense submissions
- Coordinate event registrations for staff and students (conferences and recruitment fairs)
- Provide general administrative support with mailing, phone coverage, meeting arrangements, food orders, etc.
- Make arrangements for monthly supply orders
- Manage OSDIB email account
- Maintain updated communications content for website, presentations, and related marketing materials
- Lead administration of the David Huang Scholarship program for college-bound high school students
- Support admissions and application processes for pipeline programs
- Provide administrative support for the OSDIB Associate Dean and Faculty Advisor Program
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education, training, and professional experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Demonstration of superb organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to manage several concurrent tasks
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, writing and communication skills are required, as is accuracy and comfort with numbers.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software is helpful
- Ability to manage professional relations with various constituencies and represent the programs, department, and institution in a positive manner will be expected
- Please include a cover letter and resume
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
To apply for this job please visit acesrch.applicantstack.com. North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University…View Job
University of Vermont
To apply for this job please visit www.uvmjobs.com. The University of Vermont (UVM) is seeking…View Job
To apply for this job please visit www.agbsearch.com. Dean of the School of Computer Science…View Job