Job TitleDirector, OSDIB Programs
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range $ 75,000-85,000
Location New York, NY
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Mickaelar Mendez
Department P&S Vice Dean For Education
The Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (OSDIB) at Columbia Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons (VP&S) is committed to nurturing the diversity of our institution by actively recruiting, enrolling, and graduating a diverse population of students. Whether through our various pipeline programs for pre-college and pre-medical students or through the intergenerational connections fostered within our diversity alliance, we maintain a strong sense of camaraderie at VP&S. This multicultural community ensures a comprehensive and enriching learning experience for all students across the medical center.
To support the mission and objectives of the Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, we seek a Program Director reporting to the Associate Dean. The Director will supervise staff and be responsible for the programmatic and operational needs of OSDIB as well as provide insights, and strategic input into pathway programs across CUIMC.
- Manage all VP&S diversity and grant program recruitment efforts as well as correspond with prospective students. Liaise with the VP&S Office of Admission during recruitment, interview, and revisit season.
- Coordinate office sponsored conferences, events, and academic scholarship offerings.
- Work with the Associate Dean, coordinating and overseeing all diversity programming provided by the Office of Student Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (OSDIB) in conjunction with program coordinators and student groups.
- In tandem with office program coordinators, advise the student affinity groups and implement all meetings and events.
- Supervise the New York State’s Pre-college enrichment program (S-Prep) including advising high school students and participant’s parents.
- Co-direct the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP), and the Northeast Regional Alliance MedPrep Program (MedPrep), including overseeing each program’s coordinator.
- Manage website and recruitment materials.
Grant & Budget Management:
- Maintain compliance, interpret funder (federal, state, and private) and university policies and regulations regarding the receipt and administration of grants and contracts.
- Compose budget proposals, modifications, and other reporting requirements for sponsoring agent.
- Work with Dean’s office for Education Administration & Finance and others across CUIMC to manage a grant-funded budget of $1-2 Million in restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Recruit, manage, supervise, and train full time and part time staff members and student workers.
- Serve on various committees and represent OSDIB at various conferences, events, and recruitment fairs.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, to work under pressure, and to partner successfully with other Medical School and University offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus four years of related experience.
- Experience with developing and managing grants and contracts, from both government and non-government sources.
- This would include demonstrated experience with proposal writing, budgeting, internal and external reporting, and an understanding of funders’ rules and requirements.
- Experience leading, training, and managing staff.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to programs that seek to increase access and opportunity for those historically underserved in medicine, first-generation college students, students from communities of socioeconomic disadvantage as well as programs with a demonstrated commitment to racial diversity and serving the underserved.
- Must be able to work weekend and evenings as well as travel across the country. Role includes direct management of a seasonal Saturday program.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in science, social science or mathematics, STEM education, health professions, or related field.
- Experience recruiting and implementing student retention initiatives.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Please submit a cover letter and resume
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
To apply for this job please visit www.agbsearch.com. Dean of the School of Computer Science…View Job
University of Vermont
To apply for this job please visit www.uvmjobs.com. The University of Vermont (UVM) is seeking…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Senior Benefits Administrator – Retirement (Hybrid) The…View Job