Job TitleExecutive Administrator (R0007565)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Waltham, MA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Ania Morris
To apply for this job please visit brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Brandeis University – a distinguished top-tier private research university recognized for its academic excellence and leading-edge research – has an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Executive Administrator.
Brandeis is dedicated to first-rate undergraduate education while making groundbreaking scientific discoveries, advancing artistic and creative expression, and tackling some of society’s most pressing economic, human rights, and health policy issues. Brandeis offers a culture of learning and mentorship essential to a 21st-century liberal arts education where close relationships with professors and research opportunities enable students at all levels to collaborate with faculty members and peers across the institution. Established as a nonsectarian university in 1948 by members of the American Jewish community, our visionary founders shared a commitment to social justice and to making the world a better place. Our founders’ pioneering spirit and intellectual pursuits continue today at Brandeis – from helping to solve a national public health crisis through work at its Opioid Policy Research Collaborative, to the biological discoveries that, in 2017, earned two faculty members a Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
We aspire to further such important endeavors and are looking to grow our team with individuals who share our passion and commitment. In preparation for its next ambitious campaign, the Division of Institutional Advancement (IA) seeks to strengthen the bonds with the university’s many constituencies. By working together, we will secure the financial resources necessary to continue the legacy of excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship at Brandeis.
Located nine-miles west of downtown Boston, a global hub for higher education and innovation, Brandeis University is accessible via major highways (I-90 and I-95) and the MBTA Brandeis/Roberts commuter rail stop.
The Institutional Advancement (IA) Division at Brandeis University seeks to hire an Executive Administrator to perform complex administrative duties with the highest degree of confidentiality, professional judgement, strong communication and client service skills. Reporting to the Vice President of Alumni Relations, the Executive Administrator provides high-level office administration and client relations support to the VP and two other assigned senior managers.
This position engages in a large variety of daily tasks and must be nimble, apply good judgement and discretion, be able to multi-task, prioritize workload, and pivot intuitively when asked to address urgent or emerging requests.
ADMINISTRATIVE & MEETING PLANNING SUPPORT
- Serves as the general manager for the office of the VP and other senior managers supported, and ensures efficient office workflow. Tracks action items to ensure follow-up and resolution; organizes files and reference materials; monitors telephone calls, mail and email and acts as an email proxy for the VP and others, as needed;
- Provides high level administrative support to the VP, AVPs, and other assigned senior staff. Primary responsibility involves management of a very demanding calendar, handling sensitive information with the utmost discretion and strict attention to confidentiality. Proactively manages all meeting arrangements and logistics ensuring meetings start on time; keeps all informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Assists with meeting document preparation, as needed.
- Helps to plan, facilitate and execute meetings led by the VP and supported managers as needed. Helps to plan, facilitate and execute meetings with alumni, donors, academic partners, Centers/Institutes/Units, and the Office of the President as requested. Creates data packets for these meetings as needed, and manages oversight of related Ascend entries. Assists with major alumni events on and off campus, as needed (e.g, Alumni Weekend, Volunteer Leadership Convocation, Alumni Board, etc.).
- Coordinates meetings and events that the VP and other senior managers may be involved in on campus. Handles logistical arrangements for meetings with centers and institutes, and with campus affiliates, including following up with guest speakers to confirm attendance.
- Performs monthly expense and Pcard reconciliations; orders supplies and manages purchases for the VP, other assigned senior staff, and their team members and alumni volunteers, as needed
- Works closely with the Special Assistant in the SVPs Office to learn systems, procedures and protocols to ensure smooth and consistent back-up, when needed. May be needed to serve as back-up when the Special Assistant is working off-site in order to ensure adequate coverage.
- Composes, prepares, drafts, reviews and distributes correspondence, emails and meeting agendas.
- Provides editorial review of special reports, presentations and other communications created by the VP and assigned senior managers.
- Assists with updating standardized weekly and monthly reports, including those of a financial and analytical nature.
- Leads creation and distribution of invitation lists and attendee briefings for all Presidential Events managed by the VP or other supported managers. Serves as a consultant to others in IA on best practices for meeting needs and requested of the Office of the President.
- Drafts and prepares presentations and other materials for meetings; publishes, organizes and distributes content, including office policies, procedures, etc.
DATA AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Responds to requests for information from a wide range of constituents; determines priorities and manages distribution and access.
- Works on projects that require basic data manipulation and analysis skills, including financial calculations, descriptive statistics, budget management.
- Accesses and runs specialized queries and reports from the IA constituent database systems, campus Workday system and other systems, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred); relevant certifications or advanced degrees highly desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of total work experience with a bachelor’s degree OR 5-7 years with an Associate’s degree and formal administrative training; at least 7 years is strongly preferred. at least 3 years of experience supporting C-suite executives or senior leaders in a nonprofit or academic setting,
- 1-3 years supervisory experience preferred. May hire, train and/or supervise student workers.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communications skills that promote academic and business professionalism and conveys information clearly and concisely. Strong writing proof-reading and editing skills are required; writing examples will be requested.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, Gmail and Google docs, online calendars/email, portable devices, shared drives and the ability to learn and adapt to new software and systems quickly are required. Demonstrated advanced proficiency and ability in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio preferred.
- Must have comfort with and experience in data analysis and manipulation, specifically working with financial information and descriptive statistics.
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact with varied constituencies, including those of considerable academic, community, social and business status. At all times represents Brandeis University in an exemplary and professional manner. Exhibits poise, tact, and diplomacy. Presents a collegial, collaborative and customer-service demeanor that positively reflects the core values and standards of the institution and demonstrates tact and diplomacy.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with an ability to work independently. Ability to work under pressure, triage and set priorities, manage multiple projects, adapt well to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends with an attitude of doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment, discretion, and a scrupulous commitment to confidentiality, professional ethics and data security when dealing with highly sensitive personnel, budget, alumni, parent, student, family, donor, and prospect information.
- Adheres to University and departmental business policies and procedures.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Brandeis is a community rooted in purpose, guided by enduring values, and determined to lead. Come add your talents and your voice to this vibrant and distinctive community.”
Ron Liebowitz, President of Brandeis University
Diversity, equity and inclusion aren’t just important values at Brandeis today — they are rooted in our identity as an institution. They serve as a regular reminder for self-reflection, and a continuous call to grow. Founded as a model of ethnic and religious pluralism, Brandeis University welcomes students, faculty, and staff of every nationality, religion, and orientation. Social justice is central to the mission of Brandeis, which endeavors to foster a just and inclusive campus culture that embraces the diversity of our larger society. Brandeis embodies the American heritage of cultural diversity, equal access to opportunity and freedom of expression. Read more online about our Mission and Diversity Statements.
Submit Your Candidacy
To learn more, visit the and our websites.
To apply, please visit our and submit your cover letter and resume via the Brandeis University Human Resources online portal.
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CHAIR AND CLINICAL FACULTY, MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY…View Job
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CHAIR AND CLINICAL FACULTY, INTEGRATED MARKETING AND…View Job
Arizona State University
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The New College of Interdisciplinary Arts &…View Job
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. ACADEMIC DIRECTOR AND CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, INTEGRATED…View Job