Job TitleDonor Relations Officer (R0007609)
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Waltham, MA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Ania Morris
To apply for this job please visit brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Brandeis University – a distinguished private research university recognized for its academic excellence and leading-edge research – has an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Donor Relations Officer.
Located in the suburbs of Boston, a global hub for higher education and innovation, Brandeis is dedicated to first-rate undergraduate education while making groundbreaking discoveries. Established as a nonsectarian university in 1948 by members of the American Jewish community, our visionary founders shared a commitment to social justice and to making the world a better place.
Our founders’ pioneering spirit and intellectual pursuits continue today at Brandeis – from helping to solve a national public health crisis through work at its Opioid Policy Research Collaborative, to the biological discoveries that, in 2017, earned two faculty members a Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. We aspire to further such important endeavors and are looking to grow our team with individuals who share our passion and commitment. In preparation for its next ambitious campaign, Institutional Advancement (IA) seeks to strengthen the bonds with the university’s many constituencies. By working together, we will secure the financial resources necessary to continue the legacy of excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship at Brandeis.
The Donor Relations Officer plays an integral role in the key operations of the Office of Donor Relations. The Officer will convey highly complex information, both written and verbally, to key University stakeholders, under the signature of administration. They will assist in identifying donor engagement opportunities for major gift prospects of the University and work with gift officers to develop proposals that both appeal to the prospects’ interests and support the giving opportunities available at the University. The Officer will also manage the process of reporting on programs from across the university, working closely with program representatives to disseminate the most relevant information
This position has the option of working a weekly hybrid schedule (3 days on campus/2 days remote)
- Writes gift acknowledgements and other correspondence primarily for the President and for the Sr. VP for Institutional Advancement on occasion. 25%
- Creates and implements engagement plans for a portfolio of major gift donors or prospects, partnering with the gift officer who maintains the personal relationship with the donor to ensure the donor is well informed and kept in regular contact with leadership. 20%
- Supports the Donor Relations staff in the creation of student profiles for the annual stewardship report on scholarships and fellowships, meets with scholarship students to inform them about their award and prepare them for donor meetings, and helps implement recognition events. 15%
- Manages the stewardship reporting process for programs across the University, keeping donors to individual programs apprised of how their gifts are used and make an impact. Maintaining communication with programs, schools, and centers to organize current processes. 25%
- Maintains a portfolio and strong working knowledge of major donors and keeps updated on programs, initiative, news items, and activities related to students and faculty at the University. Assists with other projects as determined by the Director of Donor Relations. 10%
- Oversees management of student and faculty prize awards on behalf of Institutional Advancement. 5%
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 – 5 years of total work-related experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Proficiency with Microsoft excel including sorting, filtering, and ability to mail merge into Microsoft word.
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with colleagues of various responsibility areas in a professional manner.
- Ability to apply good judgment and discretion when dealing with highly confidential alumni, parent, student, family, donor and prospect information.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with an ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities to meet challenging timelines and achieve annual goals.
- Adheres to University and departmental business policies and procedures.
Presents a collegial, collaborative and customer-service demeanor that positively reflects the core values and standards of the institution and demonstrates tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends with an attitude of doing what it takes to get the job done.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
“Brandeis is a community rooted in purpose, guided by enduring values, and determined to lead. Come add your talents and your voice to this vibrant and distinctive community.”
Ron Liebowitz, President of Brandeis University
Founded as a model of ethnic and religious pluralism, Brandeis University welcomes students, faculty, and staff of every nationality, religion, and orientation. Social justice is central to the mission of Brandeis, which endeavors to foster a just and inclusive campus culture that embraces the diversity of our larger society. Brandeis embodies the American heritage of cultural diversity, equal access to opportunity and freedom of expression. Learn more at: http://www.brandeis.edu/about/mission.html
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.
To apply for this job please visit binghamton.interviewexchange.com. The Assistant Director of Career Preparation and…View Job
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
To apply for this job please visit illinois.csod.com. Financial Analyst School of Molecular & Cellular…View Job