Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications, Brandeis National CommitteeBrandeis University
Job TitleAssistant Director, Marketing & Communications, Brandeis National Committee
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Waltham, MA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name n/a
To apply for this job please visit brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
Brandeis University – a distinguished top-tier private research university recognized for its academic excellence and leading-edge research – has an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications, Brandeis National Committee.
Brandeis is dedicated to first-rate undergraduate education while making groundbreaking scientific discoveries, advancing artistic and creative expression, and tackling some of society’s most pressing economic, human rights, and health policy issues. Brandeis offers a culture of learning and mentorship essential to a 21st-century liberal arts education where close relationships with professors and research opportunities enable students at all levels to collaborate with faculty members and peers across the institution. Established as a nonsectarian university in 1948 by members of the American Jewish community, our visionary founders shared a commitment to social justice and to making the world a better place. Our founders’ pioneering spirit and intellectual pursuits continue today at Brandeis – from helping to solve a national public health crisis through work at its Opioid Policy Research Collaborative, to the biological discoveries that, in 2017, earned two faculty members a Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
We aspire to further such important endeavors and are looking to grow our team with individuals who share our passion and commitment. In preparation for its next ambitious campaign, the Division of Institutional Advancement (IA) seeks to strengthen the bonds with the university’s many constituencies. By working together, we will secure the financial resources necessary to continue the legacy of excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship at Brandeis.
Located nine-miles west of downtown Boston, a global hub for higher education and innovation, Brandeis University is accessible via major highways (I-90 and I-95) and the MBTA Brandeis/Roberts commuter rail stop.
The Assistant Director, Marketing & Communications for the Brandeis National Committee is responsible for overseeing marketing and communications efforts in support of the national organization, 37 chapters and 15,000 active members nationwide, including oversight of the organization’s national and chapter websites, social networking platforms, and other virtual interactions (such as webinars, video conferences, and online transactions) to promote BNC programs, offerings and fundraising initiatives. The Assistant Director develops and implements plans to strengthen the Brandeis National Committee brand and to connect current and potential members to the BNC and the university.
This position reports to the Executive Director of the Brandeis National Committee and works closely with IA Communications and the National Executive Committee (board leadership) to promote and support the direction of the organization and to ensure its effective operation.
- Collaborates with BNC leadership to promote the BNC mission and implements a comprehensive communications strategy and platform based on brand messages, narratives, and themes.
- Responsible for creating and/or collaborating with IA Communications to develop messages, promotional materials, and direct marketing collateral (for print, email, online distribution) in support of BNC fundraising initiatives, membership drives, lifelong learning programs, including chapter/national programming that uses Zoom-based virtual technology, as well as for the online BNC chapter.
- Writes various communications including stories for feature publication in BNC newsletters, the Brandeis Magazine, and websites. Manages the implementation and roll-out of national fundraising campaigns via various platforms, including but not limited to social channels, blogging, video and podcasting platforms, etc.
- Oversees the BNC technology platforms, including serving as an iModules, Zoom, Linvio and Pardot technology super-user, maintaining the BNC national website, Facebook page, and other social media. Works closely with Information Technology Services to design and launch new technology services.
- Provides guidance, direction, and training to BNC chapter leaders on administration of chapter websites, ensuring compliance with University and IA policies and procedures related to data governance and online financial transactions.
- Serve as the point person at the national office for chapters and BNC board liaisons and provides regular outreach to chapters on how to leverage the use of individual chapter websites and maintain content.
- Deploys communications strategies and recommendations for chapter engagement in support of fundraising initiatives.
- Assists with event planning and preparation of board meetings, conferences, and seminars; provides on-site logistical support for events.
- Assembles and mails letters, reports, contracts, and proposals.
- Assists the fundraising and gift administration teams with processing donations for BNC initiatives, including advising on or handling the production of acknowledgments, tribute cards, and donor stewardship correspondence.
- Manages student workers, interns and temporary staff as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required.
3-5 years total work-related experience; demonstrated experience in nonprofit member and volunteer organizations highly desired
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project management skills with experience initiating, planning, and executing complex projects.
- A high degree of fluency in computer technologies, including proficiency with manipulating and retrieving data from complex database sources and preparing statistical or financial analysis.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, website design, social platforms, multimedia technologies, and relational database systems with an ability to become comfortable quickly with the University’s new Database
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills that promote academic and business professionalism and convey information clearly and concisely.
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact with varied constituencies, including those of considerable academic, community, social, and business status.
- At all times represents Brandeis University in an exemplary and professional manner.
- Ability to apply sound judgment, discretion, and a commitment to professional ethics and data security when dealing with highly confidential constituent, donor, and prospect information.
- Adheres to University and departmental business policies and procedures.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with an ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a team; to manage multiple projects and priorities; and to meet aggressive timelines and challenging deadlines.
- Must be able and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends with an attitude of doing what it takes to get the job done.
Electrician (Low Voltage)
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Electrician (Low Voltage) The Claremont Colleges Services…View Job
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Mechanicsburg Child Welfare Training Programs – Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg…View Job
Assistant / Senior Assistant Director, Consulting, Pre-Health/Health Science Lead
To apply for this job please visit binghamton.interviewexchange.com. The Assistant/Senior Assistant Director of Consulting leads…View Job
Assistant Director, Philanthropy
Kent State University
To apply for this job please visit jobslist.kent.edu. Assistant Director, Philanthropy 987018 Strategic Initiatives –…View Job