Job TitleProduct Design Adjunct Faculty Member
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Pasadena, CA US
Deadline June 24, 2022
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit http://www.artcenter.edu.
Every position at ArtCenter plays an important part in carrying out the values, goals, strategic vision, and mission of the College. This includes diversity, equity, inclusion, access, belonging (DEIAB) and culture.
The Product Design Department is seeking practicing product/industrial/experience designers (s) for faculty positions in our BS Product Design degree program. Depending on candidate location these part-time positions may be remote or in-person.
Candidates should demonstrate expertise in contemporary Product and Industrial Design approaches, a strong professional portfolio, design for sustainability, and a commitment to ethical and inclusive design practices. Must be familiar with current practices and critical issues relating to product/industrial/experience design, emerging technology, physical computing and qualitative methods in user research. Fluency in one or more of the following specializations is required:
User research and application, design process, UX design & strategy, visual communication skils (2D and/or 3D), Rapid Prototyping (digital and physical), Sustainability, Form development, Functional/Technical expertise, Manufacturing/Production, Ergonomics & Inclusive design, Business and Design Professional development, and DEI .
Faculty teach studio courses in product design, participate in curriculum development, advise students and to engage in Department development. A successful candidate will seek collaborations with other departments, programs, and schools.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide classroom instruction, maintain and report student attendance, preparation of instructional material including class syllabi, grading students’ assignments and exams, posting students’ grades, consulting with students, replying to students’ inquiries, and facilitating course evaluations
- Mentor and guide students beyond the classroo
- Demonstrate teaching or mentoring experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level or in professional environments
- An established, successful professional creative career demonstrated by a strong portfolio of projects.
- Evidence of a commitment to diverse, inclusive practices in professional practice or other work.
- A history of innovation, critical thinking with an active interest in pedagogy and academics
- Demonstrated commitment to building innovative approaches to communication design and developing a solid context for their own practice
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of ArtCenter business, as well as requirements under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Must be able to work with and understand our culturally diverse student and faculty body with their needs and goals
- A commitment to DEIAB and culture, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within ArtCenter’s diverse communities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with creative practice education, theory, practices, and culture
- Experience with online and/or hybrid mode teaching
Johns Hopkins University - Bloomberg School of Public Health
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The Department of International Health seeks a…View Job