Job TitleDirector and Professor in the School of Interdisciplinary
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Administrator
Salary Range -
Location Glendale, AZ US
Application Deadline December 14, 2022
Contact Name Jennifer Schulte
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.
The New College of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences at Arizona State University (ASU) invites applications for an inaugural school Director for the School of Interdisciplinary Forensics (pending ABOR and faculty governance approvals). The inaugural school Director will help build an internationally acclaimed school that will have, as its fundamental operating principle, an explicit focus on advancing forensic science, broadly defined to encompass an array of disciplines; for example (but not limited to) accounting, anthropology, biology, chemistry, computer science, geographic information science, engineering, environmental studies, law, linguistics, mathematics, medicine, nursing, psychology, and sociology.
The core mission of the new school will be to advance the fair administration of justice by blending scientific rigor and technical training in ways that address systemic inequities and safeguard human rights. The new school will be embedded in the interdisciplinary and innovative environment of ASU’s New College and charged with advancing the ASU Charter where we are “measured not by whom we exclude, but whom we include and how they succeed.”
Current ASU faculty will be supplemented by multiple hires recruited through national searches to expand and deepen program offerings and the research profile of the school. Faculty in the new school will have the opportunity to work in an institution that highly values innovative research and education while being housed in an R1 university. This has created the opportunity for our diverse student population to obtain individual faculty mentorship on the West Campus of ASU, which provides a close-knit residential campus setting. The Director will continue our tradition of thinking broadly and holistically about the mission of the new school while achieving results that affirm our commitment to the ASU Charter and ASU Design aspirations. We are seeking exceptional candidates eligible for appointment at the rank of Full Professor to serve as Director. The inaugural Director must be prepared to advance the following:
- high-quality research among a rapidly growing community of tenured and tenure-track faculty;
- vigorous student enrollment, building on multiyear, double-digit percent growth;
- effective education through undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral research and innovative programmatic development and funding;
- equitable inclusion at the student and faculty level and across all aspects of the school’s operations;
- collegiality, by developing transparent processes and clearly communicating and building consensus around shared objectives.
The successful candidate must have:
· a Ph.D. or doctoral-level degree;
· a research record of excellence warranting appointment as a Full Professor with Tenure at ASU;
· evidence of leadership in an academic context.
· Demonstrated track record of externally-funded research and a commitment and ability to support others in developing new externally-funded projects;
· an ongoing program of research and publication;
· a research program in an area of expertise that complements existing strengths and needs of the new school;
· demonstrable commitment to promoting new and existing interdisciplinary collaborations in research and teaching;
· demonstrated success in developing new initiatives, new programs, and/or new curricula;
· evidence of leadership experience in managing an interdisciplinary program or Center;
· experience administering graduate degree programs within a School, Department or College;
· demonstrated record of working with and supporting the success of diverse students, staff, and faculty, including persons with disabilities and first-generation, non-traditional, low income students, as well as students from other underserved communities; and
· an appropriate record of university and professional service.
More information about ASU’s New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences can be found at: http://newcollege.asu.edu. ASU has a strong commitment to a racially diverse faculty; one that reflects the contemporary United States.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
New College strives to uphold values of cultural and intellectual diversity and to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment where all can thrive, share ideas, and pursue their goals.
The initial application deadline is December 14, 2022 at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled. A background check and official transcripts are required prior to employment.
Only electronic submissions via Interfolio will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please submit all application materials to apply.interfolio.com/116525.
Applications must contain:
· A letter of application that describes: (a) the breadth of experience that will contribute to leading an interdisciplinary school; and (b) how the ASU Charter is reflected in past work and future plans;
· A current curriculum vitae with contact information;
· A research statement;
· A statement on leadership philosophy that addresses the needs of faculty, staff, and students;
· A statement on equity;
· An unofficial transcript; and,
· The names and contact information for three references (references will not be contacted during initial review and will only be contacted after candidate notification).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
(See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
COVID-19 Vaccination – Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CHAIR AND CLINICAL FACULTY, MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY…View Job
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. ACADEMIC DIRECTOR AND CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, INTEGRATED…View Job