Job TitleHuman Resources Business Partner – Academic Affairs
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Boone, NC
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Amy Blake
Human Resources Business Partner – Academic Affairs
Department: The Office of Human Resources – 170100
Minimum QualificationsMaster’s degree and 3 years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience.
• Experience as a faculty member.
• SHRP – CP certification
• Progressive experience in Academic Affairs within a university setting.
• Working knowledge of higher education and academic affairs human resource management.
• Human resources strategy development and implementation.
• Experience effectively interpreting and communicating pertinent human resources policies and guidance.
• Experience training on the principles of human resources.
• Experience consulting on challenging academic human resources-related issues.
• Ability to successfully engage in and resolve hard conversations.
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to function and succeed in a dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
The Human Resources Business Partner for Academic Affairs is a hands-on strategic partner to the App State Academic Affairs and faculty community who will intentionally drive recruiting and retention initiatives to recruit a highly talented workforce in support of advancing the mission, vision, and goals of the university.
The Human Resources Business Partner for Academic Affairs maintains and enhances professional relationships with the diverse workforce at AppState and within pertinent professional networks to develop HR credibility with our constituents through effective listening, problem-solving, critical thinking, negotiation, and excellent communication skills.
Employee researches, facilitates, and develops innovative solutions to uphold and improve the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes for Academic Affairs and Faculty.
This position requires a high level of integrity, independence, and participation in policy, service, and/or program development
• Human Resources Business Partner for Academic Affairs: This position is the primary point of contact for all recruitment and selection needs in Academic Affairs for Faculty; researches, facilitates, and develops innovative solutions to uphold and improve the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes. This role will consult with constituents of Academic Affairs with guidance for the effective recruitment & selection process following policies & procedures. The nature of duties and responsibilities must meet established objectives and deadlines with postings, screening and evaluating application materials, consulting with prospective applicants, and ensuring compliance. This position also researches and develops sourcing avenues to expand talent acquisition and provides consultation on salary equity and equal employment opportunity Compliance. The position consults and strategizes with hiring departments on difficult-to-fill vacancies.
• Classification and Compensation Support for Academic Affairs (Faculty): The position collaborates with the Human Resources Classification and Compensation team and Academic Affairs to ensure consistency across campus as it pertains to position management; collects requests from deans/unit heads for new positions (all classifications), faculty renewals, faculty salary increases, and other classification salary increases 10% or higher and then serves as a consultant to the Provost who makes decisions on these matters; oversees the faculty hiring process and contracting; and maintains personnel files.
• Collaboration within the Human Resources Unit: This position collaborates with the Human Resources Employment Team, determining recommendations in changes of procedures and work assignments to improve its efficiency and effectiveness; administers effective strategies to enhance our partnerships on campus in the search process to ensure proper procedures, equitable searches, and timely processes.
• Collaboration within the Academic Affairs Unit: This position collaborates with the Academic Affairs Division to determine recommended improvements in practices and processes to streamline the recruitment, position management, hiring, and contracting efforts.
• Community Outreach: This position engages in traditional and non-traditional avenues of outreach and networking to gain access to needed talent. Building trust within pertinent communities will be an important piece to the success of this role.
To learn more about Human Resources at App State, please visit https://hr.appstate.edu/about-us
Work Schedule/Hours:Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Suggested Salary Range: $103,311 – $109,894
Closing Date: 1/28/2024
Open Until Filled: No
Evaluation of Applications Begins: 01/16/2024
Proposed Date of Hire: 03/08/2024
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4951402
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.