Job TitleTechnology Services Operations Manager
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Amherst, MA US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Amy Rondeau
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Technology Services Operations Manager
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Technology Services Operations Manager position. The Technology Services Operations Manager is a full-time, year-round position, starting at $85,000 per year – commensurate with experience. Given Amherst’s distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Technology Services Operations Manager works in partnership supporting the day-to-day operations of both technical and administrative aspects of ITSS. This position will lead all aspects of the technology support services team, assign tasks and projects to team members, review the quality of work, help work towards an intentionally inclusive work culture, and meet project due dates. The Technology Services Operations Manager will work to develop and implement updated or improved processes or delivery approaches including the use of upgraded equipment or software to ensure reliable, high-quality technology services in academic and administrative applications such as faculty support for instructing and scholarship, support for student learning, and support for college administrators. As a member of the Information Technology (IT) team, this position will collaborate with other members of IT to provide an information technology environment that supports a highly diverse campus community and improves the all-important service function of Information Technology. Amherst College has a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Technology Services Operations Manager must be able to take appropriate actions to support the College’s efforts to build a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming learning environment for all. The Technology Services Operations Manager takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
• In coordination with the Director of ITSS, lead ITSS and IT project and process teams related with technology support services to provide excellent services that are timely and appropriate for the needs of the College.
• With appropriate consultation, develops and implements a comprehensive technical support services strategy for the College. To that end, the Technology Services Operations Manager participates in crafting policies and protocols related with the technology support needs of the College.
• Assist a highly diverse campus community in the use of desktop computers and applications.
• Participate in the development and implementation of workshops and classes to demonstrate products and methodologies of using technology.
• Provide expert technology and problem-solving support to team members.
• Assist with the development of web pages to fulfill the needs of the College.
• Assist in the development, deployment, and support of new technology tools.
• Prepares and maintains documentation as needed.
• Provide primary support to administrative divisions as assigned.
• Advise Director of ITSS on current agreements and purchasing decisions.
• Builds connection with and among diverse individuals and teams.
• Manage day-to-day functions of the department in the absence of the Director, on a rotating basis.
• Actively participates in the DEI work of the division and institution in order to create an impact towards equity and inclusion for all.
• Recognizes, supports and prioritizes the professional development of others, where applicable.
• Performs other duties/functions as requested.
• Technology Certifications
• At least two years of professional work experience
• Administration and use of a Service-Desk ticketing system (pref. SolarWinds)
• GAM and Google Workspace administration
• Windows OS triage and Tier I support experience
• Mac OS triage and Tier I support experience
• iOS and Android triage and support
• Supervisory experience (both staff and students)
• Demonstrated commitment to cultivating an inclusive environment, and ability to effectively collaborate across a diverse community
• Ability to use a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, to walk across campus, go up and down stairs, frequently lift and/or carry objects up to 35 pounds, and access hardware and/or network ports located in difficult-to-reach locations.
• Ability to work normal hours of operation and additional hours as business necessitates.
• Bachelor’s degree in the technology field
• Familiarity with Confluence or other knowledge base applications
• Familiarity with Asana or other Project Management applications
• PaperCut administration
• Adobe Creative Cloud Administration
• Azure/AD basic familiarity
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for https://www.amherst.edu/offices/human_resources/benefits.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted.(Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3737781
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of Pittsburgh
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net. Educ-Office of Child Development – Pennsylvania-Hershey –…View Job
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Library Materials Handling Assistant (6 Months; Onsite)…View Job