Job TitleCentral Energy Plant Supervisor
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Amherst, MA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Central Energy Plant Supervisor
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Central Energy Plant Supervisor position. The Central Energy Plant Supervisor is a full-time, year-round position starting at $95,000 – commensurate with experience. Given Amherst’s distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
Provide management and supervision of Amherst College’s Central Energy Plant. Direct and administer the continuous and ongoing maintenance and operations of the college’s high pressure steam boilers, gas turbine, HRSG and all associated equipment. Partner with the Director of Facilities Operations in strategic planning and development of long-term goals and objectives for the Central Energy Plant. Support the college’s sustainability goals, including a carbon neutral campus in 2030. Provide 24-hour availability to be contacted for the resolution of emergencies related to the Central Energy Plant.
Train and supervise a diverse group of staff, approve projects, supervise outside contract support, select contractors, negotiate, formulate, and administer contracts, as well as conduct pre and post inspections. Oversee the safe and efficient operation of the plant including maintenance, repair, planning, scheduling of all associated equipment and controls. Participate in energy procurement and fuel switching/arbitrage strategies. The supervisor will be involved in selecting the most cost effective fuel source between purchased electricity, natural gas and oil. Collaborate with other trades and services including the chiller plant and utility distribution. Provide support for emergency calls.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Assist the Director of Facilities Operations with planning, scheduling, and controlling costs, as well as with short range projects, equipment, preventive maintenance, and contract planning. Prepare cost estimates for all Central Energy Plant systems and their associated components. Maintain records and inventory of various equipment, systems and procedures.
• Prepare and manage the Central Energy Plant budget, purchase and maintain inventory control of all associated materials and supplies, as well as coordinate upgrade of materials for cost effective management. Process all related invoices through Workday. Prioritize, coordinate, and schedule projects and work orders, as well as establish and maintain customer relations throughout the campus community.
• Participate in capital project upgrades. There are several large projects planned which will impact the plant, including all of the work associated with the Climate Action Plan. There will be significant changes to the plant as we move towards low temperature hot water and a geothermal system to heat and cool the campus.
• Maintain and implement both standard and emergency operating plans. Conduct performance evaluations. Performs other duties/functions as requested.
• A Massachusetts 2nd Class Stationary Engineers License.
• Associate’s degree plus 5 years of experience overseeing similar power plant operations or in lieu of a degree 7+ years of experience.
• 5-7 years of experience overseeing similar power plant operations.
• Commitment to effectively working with a diverse community.
• An acceptable criminal offender records information (CORI) check.
• Successful completion of pre-employment physical and lift test.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 10 years of power plant operation and management experience.
• 10+ years of power plant operation and management experience.
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for https://www.amherst.edu/offices/human_resources/benefits.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted.(Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4606147
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Applications Support Specialist Information Technology (Hybrid) The…View Job