Job TitleAcademic Department Coordinator
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range -
Location Amherst, MA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Human Resources
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
Academic Department Coordinator
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Academic Department Coordinator (Physics and Astronomy Department) position. The Academic Department Coordinator (Physics and Astronomy Department) is a full-time, year-round position, starting at $25.06 per hour – commensurate with experience. Given Amherst’s distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they demonstrate competencies that support this broadly diverse community.
The Academic Department Coordinator (ADC) supports the administrative and logistical efforts of the Physics and Astronomy Department. The ADC ensures the efficient operation of the department office including managing the Departmental budget and supervising and coordinating student workers in Workday, serves as a liaison to the Amherst College campus community, takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce, and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Office Management/Administrative Support
• Assist the faculty in course preparation, correspondence, and professional activities
• Assist in faculty searches, including coordinate search process logistics including scheduling interviews, communicating with applicants and other details
• Assist in reappointment, tenure, and promotion cases, including obtaining and organizing letters and other documents
• Maintain inventory and supplies
• Maintain department files including review, tenure and reappointment materials
• Respond to departmental inquiries from a diverse set of students, other members of the College community, and outside parties
• Track expenses for departmental, individual faculty, grants, and other relevant accounts; create regular reports; reconcile monthly expenses; and project balances
• Process financial records in Workday
• Process purchase orders, invoices, and reimbursements
• Purchase supplies and equipment for the department and faculty research
• Serve as liaison for vendors and key suppliers, including compressed gas deliveries and account
• Create budgets in collaboration with Department Chair
• Coordinate student hiring, payroll, and summer housing
• Assist with course preparations, course notes, and exams
• Purchase supplies for laboratories
• Update course information in the Course Catalog and Workday
• Obtain copyright permissions
• Manage the course evaluation process for non-tenured faculty
• Communicate between the Department and the Registrar regarding courses, graduating seniors, and other academic matters
Events and Community
• Coordinate travel, accommodations, and reimbursements for visitors and job candidates
• Coordinate venues, food and drink, and publicity for receptions, dinners, the weekly seminar, and other events
• Maintain a welcoming space in the department, for example with student-centered displays
• Collaborate with the Department Chair and other members to enhance department climate
• Maintain department website and electronic files, including Dropbox and Google Drive
• Make electronic room reservations
• Manage department student, staff and faculty keycard access
• Associate’s degree or equivalent training and/or education
• 1 year of related experience
• Accounting and/or budget management skills
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, customer service, and diplomacy skills
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
• Sensitivity to issues of confidentiality
• Attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite with the ability to learn new software programs
• Commitment to effectively working with a diverse community
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 or more years of related experience
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here forhttps://www.amherst.edu/offices/human_resources/benefits.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online athttps://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. (Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4479707
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Wageningen University & Research
To apply for this job please visit link.inhroffice.com. Full Professor and Chair Nutrition, Metabolism and…View Job
UC Davis Health
To apply for this job please visit recruit.ucdavis.edu. POSITION DESCRIPTION NATURE AND PURPOSE The Project…View Job