Specialized Faculty Positions (Open Rank) – School of Information SciencesUniversity of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Job TitleSpecialized Faculty Positions (Open Rank) – School of Information Sciences
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location Champaign, IL US
Application Deadline -
Contact Name University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Specialized Faculty Positions (Open Rank) – School of Information Sciences
School of Information Sciences
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The School of Information Sciences (iSchool) seeks to hire outstanding full-time, non-tenure-track, specialized faculty members at the rank of Lecturer, Teaching Assistant Professor, or Teaching Associate Professor to join our dynamic and collegial school.
Our school offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in library and information science, data science, and information management. We train students to use information technology reflectively and to guide the development of new policies for managing information. Since this field evolves rapidly, our teaching faculty need to be leaders who think across disciplinary boundaries, develop new courses, and guide curricular change.
Preference will be given to areas where we have teaching needs, including discrete mathematics, programming, project management, database design, UI/UX design, and data science (including data science ethics and policy). In library science, we have teaching needs in early literacy, information modeling, and metadata. However, strong candidates in any area will be considered.
Our immediate teaching needs include the following courses, taught primarily on campus:
- Programming, database design, and project management
- ○ IS 205 and IS 305 Programming for Information Problems I & II
- ○ IS 206 Introduction to Database Concepts and Applications
- ○ IS 226 Introduction to HCI
- ○ IS 340 Project Management
- ○ IS 401 Introduction to Network Information Systems
- ○ IS 430 Foundation of Information Processing
- ○ IS 446 Systems Analysis and Design
- ○ IS 455 Database Design and Prototyping
- ○ IS 456 Information Storage and Retrieval
- ○ IS 525 Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Data science, including its social implications and business applications
- ○ IS 203 Analytical Foundations for Information Problems
- ○ IS 407 Introduction to Data Science
- ○ IS 445 Data Visualization
- ○ IS 467 Ethics and Policy for Data Science
- ○ IS 477 Data Management, Curation, and Reproducibility
- ○ IS 514 Applied Business Research
- ○ IS 534 Information Consulting
- Library and Information Science
- ○ IS 413 Early Literacy
- ○ IS 510 Libraries, Information, and Society
- ○ IS 575 Metadata in Theory and Practice
- ○ IS 585 Bibliographic Metadata
Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Advising iSchool students on special projects, including independent studies and practicums
- Contributing to the development of new courses and programs
- Contributing other service to the iSchool related to area of expertise
- Mentoring adjunct instructors
- Other related duties and service as assigned to further the mission of the unit
Requirements include a minimum of three years of teaching, experience with a variety of teaching tools and technologies, deep knowledge of a subject domain related to areas described above, and excellence in classroom teaching with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Black, Latina/o/x, Native American, and other historically underrepresented candidates are especially encouraged to apply. For a Lecturer position, an M.S. in Information Science, Education, or a closely related field is required. For a Teaching Assistant Professor position, a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Information Science, Education, or a closely related field is required. Teaching Assistant Professors teach two courses per semester (fall and spring) and Lecturers/Senior Lecturers teach three courses per semester (fall and spring). Highly experienced candidates in areas of curricular need may be considered for the rank of Teaching Associate Professor.
These are 100% full-time Specialized Faculty position, appointed on a 9-month basis. The expected start date is 8/16/23. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
For full consideration, applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on 2/17/2023. To apply please visit https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your letter of application (which should indicate the courses applicants are able to teach) and CV. Candidates selected for interviews will be asked to provide the names and contact information of three professional references at that time. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact William Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.
Requisition ID: 1015241
Job Category: Faculty
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu
CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PUBLISHING
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PUBLISHING New York University…View Job
Director of MBA and Graduate Programs (Associate/Full Professor Rank)
St. Mary's University
To apply for this job please visit stmarytx.applicantpro.com. The Greehey School of Business at St….View Job
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com. Proficient in designing, developing, testing, and deploying…View Job
Assistant Professor of Africana Studies
To apply for this job please visit academicjobsonline.org. The Intercollegiate Department of Africana Studies at…View Job