Job TitleAdmissions & Recruitment Coordinator
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Staff
Salary Range $ 41,000-60,000
Location Minneapolis, MN, USA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Dean's Office Human Resources
Phone US +1 (612) 624-6009
The Medical School Office of Admissions annually processes over 4,000 applications for admissions. This is a highly complex data driven process requiring the accurate and efficient management of application materials and the establishment of a professional rapport with all constituents including staff, applicants, faculty, and alumni of the University of Minnesota Medical School. The Admissions & Recruitment Coordinator supports the Office of Admissions mission to increase the application pool of prospective applicants and retain admitted students to medical school from broadly diverse backgrounds from across the state of Minnesota. This position will report to the Director of Admissions.
Admissions Services (30%):
- Serve as a key contact regarding Medical School Admissions.
- Provide admissions counseling, advising sessions and assistance throughout the admissions process to prospective and current applicants.
- Support the Interview Coordinator on interview days and serve as back-up.
- Develop developmental materials and training events for applicants and reapplicants for the Admissions website, tailored to the competency-focused review process.
- Assist in online training sessions for Admissions Committee members and Interview volunteers.
- Process electronic inquiries, imports, and downloads and update files ensuring accuracy in data entry.
- Work closely with senior Admissions staff in processing applications.
- Liaise with student affairs.
Recruitment Programming (35%)
- Responsible for actively participating and engaging in the recruitment cycle, which includes prospective students, applicants, interview candidates, admitted students, and matriculated students.
- Take the initiative to identify new electronic communication messages. Use the CRM system to ensure the correct targeted populations receive tailored messages and information.
- Assist in strategic growth and maintenance/design of CRM as well as create and maintain documentation outlining use of the system and best practices for training new employees.
- Develop, launch, and train medical student ambassadors as a professional resource to them to support admissions and recruitment of the MD program.
- Assist with the admission events and event registration and coordinating receptions when needed.
- Liaise and build connections with community and student organizations to build partnerships for recruitment events and participation in the admissions process.
- Develop admissions process training specific to community member volunteer audiences.
Accepted Student Retention (30%)
- Develop and execute admitted student retention strategies and annual communication plan. Assess effectiveness of efforts and modify as needed.
- Collaborate with Student Affairs to help execute the transition of admitted applicants to MS1, including serving on the Orientation Planning Committee.
- Collaborate and partner with faculty, staff and current students to enhance on-campus event programming and host experiences for admitted students and applicants.
- Coordinates alumni volunteers, students and/or student groups and other admissions staff to implement plans for various retention-related projects.
- Lead and implement Revisit Day and other accepted student recruitment events.
- Oversee Admissions Ambassadors and other student volunteers for Office of Admissions events and projects.
Other admissions duties as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of related experience or the equivalent combination of relevant education and experience totaling six years
- Demonstrated commitment to work effectively with a diverse student population
- Must be able to support and work effectively with a diverse student body
- Excellent counseling and mentoring skills
- Experience developing, organizing and coordinating student-related programs and events, for both current and prospective students
- Demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and database manipulation
- Demonstrated ability to disseminate detailed information using a high level of interpersonal skills to work with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to work independently as well as to work collaboratively with a team within a department, a School/College or in the larger university
- Ability to multi-task and display strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials
- Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends
- Experience working in an academic environment with a particular focus on student services
- Experience working with Slate CRM and PeopleSoft student records systems
- Experience creating and interpreting policies/procedures and communicating these to various constituents
- Experience creating content and strategy for marketing and communication-related projects, specifically those for recruitment purposes
The Claremont Colleges Services
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com. Staff Nurse/Registered Nurse (RN) (10 Months Annually;…View Job