Instructor or Senior Instructor in AccountingDalhousie University
Job TitleInstructor or Senior Instructor in Accounting
Position TypeFull Time
Job Category Faculty
Salary Range -
Location , NS CA
Application Deadline -
Contact Name Viola Caume
Instructor or Senior Instructor in Accounting
The Faculty of Management and the Department of Accountancy invite applications for a probationary/continuing appointment at the rank of Instructor or Senior Instructor (dependent upon qualifications and experience), commencing July 1, 2023.
Necessary qualifications, experience and skills:
- Canadian professional accounting designation, in good standing
- A relevant master’s degree or progress towards completion of relevant Master’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience teaching at university level. Versatility in teaching must be demonstrated through experience teaching a wide range of courses including both graduate and undergraduate courses and upper-level accounting electives such as assurance, consolidations, and taxation.
- Experience teaching in online and in person learning environments
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting student learning and engagement outside the classroom
- Evidence of active professional practice in at least two areas: publications, commissioned material for professional accounting education, creation of original pedagogical material for classroom use, and activities to disseminate teaching and learning strategies
The successful applicant will be expected to teach a range of accounting courses, maintain a professional practice (as described above) and perform service activities such as committee work and student coaching within the faculty and university.
The Faculty of Management has a long history of providing a world-class education and supporting innovative research leaders. A leader in experiential and work-integrated learning, we’re focused on being responsive to the world around us. Our research is relevant not just in our core areas, but also stretches across the University to fields like health, psychology, humanities, engineering, law, computer science, oceans, and agriculture. We are an inclusive community driven by curiosity, integrity, and discovery. We welcome and celebrate diverse perspectives.
With more than 2500 students (over one-quarter graduate students) and 80 faculty members, we offer undergraduate programs (Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Management) and graduate programs (direct-entry and mid-career versions of the Master of Information, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Public Administration; and the Master of Science in Business). All of our degree programs are externally accredited. We actively participate in Dalhousie’s Interdisciplinary PhD program and the multi-Faculty Master of Digital Innovation.
Dalhousie University is among Canada’s U15 group of leading research-oriented universities. We are located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada a city known for its great quality of life. Located in one of Canada’s more temperate areas, Nova Scotia gets warm, sunny summers; long, colorful autumns; and cool, snowy winters
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University commits to achieving inclusive excellence through continually championing equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), persons of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), and members of other racialized groups, persons with disabilities, women, and persons identifying as members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit http://www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
Required materials below:
- Cover letter
- Recent CV
- Teaching Statement (one (1) page, reflective of your teaching philosophy and teaching interests).
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and experience such as teaching evaluations, letters from colleagues or students, and/or research related to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Commitment to diversity and equity statement (upload as “EDIA Statement”) (one (1) page, reflective of your perspectives on broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in pedagogical techniques/instruction and research to meet the needs of diverse constituents)
- List of references: Names and contact information of three (3) persons. Reference letters are not required at this stage.
Dalhousie’s vaccine mandate has been suspended at this time, and employees no longer need to provide proof of full vaccination. However, health and safety risks to our community will continue to be monitored and a vaccine mandate may be reinstated if necessary.
Review of applications will begin March 2, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this position please visit: https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/12605
Livestock Evaluation Program Coordinator
The Ohio State University
To apply for this job please visit osujoblinks.com. Livestock Evaluation Program Coordinator Lecturer or Professional…View Job
CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PUBLISHING
New York University School of Professional Studies
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. CLINICAL ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, PUBLISHING New York University…View Job
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Practice of Finance
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com. The Department of Economics and Business at…View Job
Assistant College Lecturer/Director of Dance
Cleveland State University
To apply for this job please visit hrjobs.csuohio.edu. Cleveland State University Assistant College Lecturer/Director of…View Job